Windows 10: Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language)

Discus and support Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Single Language 64-bit (build 17134) on my MSI GF63-8RD laptop. There are two problems that I noticed in my windows. 1.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shrestha Rajan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language)

I am running Windows 10 Single Language 64-bit (build 17134) on my MSI GF63-8RD laptop.
    There are two problems that I noticed in my windows.
    1. Windows Defender is not working completely. I cannot enable it. The action center states that is has been disabled by system administrator. (Other antivirus softwares are not installed)
    2. Windows update is not working. When I try to check for update, it always fails.

I had this problem before too and I tried all the options but none worked and I had to reset my laptop to factory defaults. Then, the problem was gone. But again after about 10 15 days, I am having exact same issues. I again tried all the options but unable to solve the problem. It's time consuming to reset the laptop to factory defaults and again install the required softwares. And I think this problem will soon again appear if I anyhow reset my laptop

Please help.

Some screenshots:

Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language) 070a80d0-116b-4737-90d2-3d2bd1d05c7d?upload=true.jpg Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language) 7f1aab64-2b2d-4286-a5f2-043762bb5fc8?upload=true.jpg Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language) b78753d5-8b10-44bb-9d62-21bb82e8d520?upload=true.jpg Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language) f6d6ebae-1d8a-4c07-8c24-5fdb382e0a95?upload=true.jpg

:)

Shrestha Rajan, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

I've added Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) 'client combined single language' ESDs and decryptor to the op.

Client Combined Single Language includes:
    Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Home Single Language, Windows 10 Education

Drone, Feb 13, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 13, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language)

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language)

1. Windows Defender, Windows Update not working (Win 10 Home Single Language) - Similar Threads - Defender Update working

2. Window 10 Home single language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Home single language: how to reinstall Window 10 Home single language ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-single-language/7b20d4b0-b6d2-4394-bf73-aaccb58efe12
  3. Windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Single Language: Hi, I want to perform a clean install of windows 10 on my laptop. My laptop has a digital license linked to it which is for windows 10 home single language; although when I try to make a boot drive for windows 10 through the official app it doesn't give me an option for...
  4. windows 10 home single language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home single language: why windows 10 version 1703 is not avaible or i cannot see even im search all day how i can download windows 10 home single language can anyone answer my problems please help me...
  5. Windows 10 home single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home single language: Sir how can i download windows 10 home single language it is not available in the site. Could you help me with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-single-language/38549a60-d5d0-468d-9f34-74d07989ef30
  6. Windows 10 Home single language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home single language: Error in activation. Unable to active windows. we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to your or organizaations activation server. make sure you are connected to your organization network and try again.0xc004f074 How can I fix this...
  7. Win 10 home single language

Win 10 home single language: Hello. Is an upgrade from win 10 home single language to win 10 Pro possible or have i do a clean install for Pro ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-single-language/cdadffb2-b0f6-430b-9ef3-66a53024f4a2
  8. Windows Defender Fatal Error on Windows 10 Home Single Language

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Fatal Error on Windows 10 Home Single Language: In the past, I did run Windows Repair version 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with all repair options enabled in Safe Boot without any errors. Everything was fine including Windows Defender. Then recently, I have an error code 0x80004005 on Windows 10 Home Single Language. So before the...
  9. windows 10 home single language

windows 10 home single language: hi , how can i have windows 10 home single language edition i have the digital licence for it but my laptop is working with windows 10 pro there was some issue in my laptop and the repair man instead of fixing it he installed windows 10 pro how can i retrieve back previous...
  10. Windows 10 Home Single Language

Windows 10 Home Single Language: What does Windows 10 Home single language mean? Comparing to Windows 10 Home. I need 5 languages packs in my Windows, those are English, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional ( Hong Kong ),Chinese Traditional (Taiwan) and Malays. I have installed Chinese softwares. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 home single language

2. windows home single language defender