Windows 10: Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan

Discus and support Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I see this question has been asked before by some users but they're always locked without resolution.Windows Defender at least on Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xZaCloudx, Jun 28, 2021.

1. xZaCloudx Win User

Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan

Hello. I see this question has been asked before by some users but they're always locked without resolution.Windows Defender at least on Windows 8.1 version is missing SO many important options. It claims it will auto-update definitions, but it never does. I always have to do it manually.When I check the Settings, I'm disappointed to see that there is NO easily accessible options for:Offline Scanning instead we have to do weird complicated things, when it should just have a simple buttonScheduling Virus Definition Updates to whatever time we wantScheduling Automatic ScansSpecifying if we w

:)

xZaCloudx, Jun 28, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Auto Update?

Did windows defender perform auto update and auto scan daily? Since i noticed it is quite often that the definition is outdated and i need to updated it manually.

janice1234, Jun 28, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan

Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan - Similar Threads - Defender Won't Auto

2. Auto update Windows Defender definitions on metered connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto update Windows Defender definitions on metered connections: Windows Update packages are around 1GB so I used regedit to automatically set all internet connections as metered since I'm on a budget cellular plan but I want Windows Defender to download definition updates as soon as they're available regardless if I'm on a metered...
  3. Windows Defender Auto Updates

Windows Defender Auto Updates: Hello I wan't to know how I can disable the windows defender auto updates,because for me is bad the windows defender updates every day,my notebook have low ram,and the updates make this worse,someone can help me?...
  4. Auto update of Virus Definitions

Auto update of Virus Definitions: Windows 10 Home 20H2 Virus & Threat protection update was happening automatically till about a month back. Windows Update is also not automatic. Now, I need to click Check for Updates to get new definitions. I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter which found no...
  5. To stop Windows defender from auto scans

To stop Windows defender from auto scans: Any way to stop WD from doing periodical auto scans ? 152317
  6. scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions

scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions: I have a new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop that I am configuring. I am coming from a Windows 7 desktop. Much has changed. For its malware defense, I am using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Scheduling Malwarebytes to scan at a certain time of day is trivial, but...
  7. Defender Scheduled Scans & Definition Updates Not Working Correctly?

Defender Scheduled Scans & Definition Updates Not Working Correctly?: Hi, I am really baffled by the following situation. On Windows 10 Pro 1803 I set up tasks for scheduled scans and definition updates as follows: 1. Using Group Policy Editor I set up definition updates to run every 3 hours starting at 6am in the morning. The updates occur...
  8. Auto Scan

Auto Scan: W10 pc with 98 days to go on a Kaspersky 2-year subscription. Until about a month ago, I think, Kaspersky did a quick auto scan on any device that I connected via USB. It has stopped doing that and I can't find how to bring it back. Perhaps it does scan immediately but...
  9. Windows Defender Auto Update?

Windows Defender Auto Update?: Did windows defender perform auto update and auto scan daily? Since i noticed it is quite often that the definition is outdated and i need to updated it manually. 32798
  10. Stop automatic reboots w/updates + auto-install Defender definitions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop automatic reboots w/updates + auto-install Defender definitions: Hello: My goal is to prevent Windows 10 from rebooting whenever it wants to. It happened twice already that I got my computer in the morning in a refreshly rebooted state. I didn't lose any data, but it then takes me several minutes to reload all the apps etc. In other...