Windows 10: Windows Defender won't finish scan

Discus and support Windows Defender won't finish scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I hope I don't forget anything. I was watching NASA live on YouTube. One of my messages was deleted. I sent another but someone else's name appeared. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sirppy, May 11, 2020.

1. Sirppy Win User

Windows Defender won't finish scan

I hope I don't forget anything. I was watching NASA live on YouTube. One of my messages was deleted. I sent another but someone else's name appeared. I was frightened so I quickly closed YouTube and then went on to restart my pc.

When it came back on I tried to run a scan with my Internet security program, it stuck at 34% as I recall.

Then I decided to shut off this program I normally use and turn on Windows Defender but when I went to turn Defender on I noted that neither program was checked to run so I checked Windows Defender. Oh and it also said at the top:PC status: Potentially unprotected.

I then started a scan but it won't finish either although it is closer to being finished. It's been scanning almost an hour but the number of files scanned have not increased. It's supposedly doing a quick scan.

I don't know what to do.

I try not to use any Windows programs other than Word and Wordpad so I've no idea if I can find this page again but will bookmark it and hope that works.

It's now 2:36pm here

Windows Defender won't finish scan 8032a9c8-d265-4aa1-a5d4-733560f4b367?upload=true.png

:)

Sirppy, May 11, 2020

2. windows defender scan not finish

windows defender scan not finish and stop time ...

Iounes Manoochehri, May 11, 2020
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 11, 2020
  4. Windows Defender won't finish scan

Windows Defender can't finish a quick scan

Original Title: windows defender scan

I am running windows defender on windows 10. Windows Defender can't finish a quick scan

ahmedmoftah, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender won't finish scan

1. Windows Defender won't finish scan - Similar Threads - Defender won't finish

2. Windows defender offline scan won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan won't work.: When the offline scan is set my laptop starts to reboot, the Samsung logo appears., but the n a CMD screen flashes up momentarily and then the screen goes blue for some seconds. After this the laptop reboots as normal but no scan has been performed? What's wrong? I have...
  3. Windows defender offline scan won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan won't work.: When the offline scan is set my laptop starts to reboot, the Samsung logo appears., but the n a CMD screen flashes up momentarily and then the screen goes blue for some seconds. After this the laptop reboots as normal but no scan has been performed? What's wrong? I have...
  4. Windows Defender won't scan automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't scan automatically: I just ditched Norton 360, opting to use just Windows Security. I thought that Windows would automatically scan my computer at various times without me doing a thing. Instead, I can go over 24 hours, and find that Windows has not done any scans at all. I have to manually go...
  5. Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode

Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode: First I have to admit I know nothing about computers. We recently purchased a HP laptop windows 10s mode.Have only used it a few times.I have never been able to run a defender scan. When I click quick scan, it shows dots like it is scanning but it never finishes.Please help....
  6. Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode

Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode: First I have to admit I know nothing about computers. We recently purchased a HP laptop windows 10s mode.Have only used it a few times.I have never been able to run a defender scan. When I click quick scan, it shows dots like it is scanning but it never finishes.Please help....
  7. Windows Defender Offline scan won't work

Windows Defender Offline scan won't work: Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get Windows Defender to run an offline scan. It restarts the computer and I see the blue screen that says Windows Defender but it never runs the scan and the computer starts up after that. When I checked the Event Viewer it said...
  8. Windows Defender won't Complete Scan

Windows Defender won't Complete Scan: Windows Defender starts scan but doesn't finish and I have a scheduled scan flag that doesn't go away . I click on it and it wants to run a scan. Anyone have this issue? [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  9. Windows Defender offline scan won't run

Windows Defender offline scan won't run: I try to run WDO from the GUI, I get the UAC message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device", and when I click Yes, it goes back to the Windows Defender GUI without running the scan. 142622
  10. Windows Defender won't scan

Windows Defender won't scan: Hello. These days Windows Defender won't scan. I'm clicking the quick scan button and nothing happens. I'm getting a little bit worried because of it. Please help. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender scan ends but doesnt send results