Windows 10: Windows defender wont open anywhere

Discus and support Windows defender wont open anywhere in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender yesterday popped up with a notification saying that there was something on my browser that needed a fix when i clicked on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shizik23, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Shizik23 Win User

Windows defender wont open anywhere

My windows defender yesterday popped up with a notification saying that there was something on my browser that needed a fix when i clicked on my defender to open it and resolve the problem it dosen't open. I tried opening it through the settings but it just wont open no matter where, it says that it's running but it wont open. I have tried dism scans and sfc scans, powershell resets and reinstalls but it said that there was no file such as AppxPackage im assuming this is the windows defender app and SecHealthUI is missing too. Does someone know a fix for this.

:)

Shizik23, Feb 10, 2021
  2. escrillet Win User

Defender wont open 0x800106ba

First hello im new here.
    I searched all the forum but couldnt find answer.
    I have a problem about windows defender(0x800106ba)

Windows defender wont open anywhere [​IMG]

(it says something about defender service bla bla bla restart pc..and i checked the service)
    (Also i dont use another AV utility)

I try to run windefend service again but nothing happens.
    And i cant do anything on my Windows defender page on settings:

Im waiting for your helpful answers Windows defender wont open anywhere :)

escrillet, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Windows defender wont open anywhere

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows defender wont open anywhere

1. Windows defender wont open anywhere - Similar Threads - defender wont open

2. My windows defender wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows defender wont open.: When I try to open windows defender it gives me a white screen with the windows defender logo and then just closes later. I also cant open it via hidden icons, I already tried resetting the app but still doesn't work....
  3. My windows defender wont open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows defender wont open.: When I try to open windows defender it gives me a white screen with the windows defender logo and then just closes later. I also cant open it via hidden icons, I already tried resetting the app but still doesn't work....
  4. Windows defender settings wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender settings wont open.: Whenever i try to open windows defender in settings, it instantly closes on itself. I try to have a look at the settings, and it still instantly closes, even when i press the button. Is there a way to fix this??I have tried many commands. Even in the services.msc, i cant find...
  5. Windows defender settings wont open.

Windows defender settings wont open.: Whenever i try to open windows defender in settings, it instantly closes on itself. I try to have a look at the settings, and it still instantly closes, even when i press the button. Is there a way to fix this??I have tried many commands. Even in the services.msc, i cant find...
  6. Windows defender settings wont open.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Defender wont open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender wont open!: My OS is Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2When I click on "Settings>Privacy & security>Windows Security>Open Windows Security" It won't open and prompts a dialogue box "You'll need a new app to open windowsdefender link" and suggests looking for an app in Microsoft store. But...
  8. Windows Defender wont open!

Windows Defender wont open!: My OS is Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2When I click on "Settings>Privacy & security>Windows Security>Open Windows Security" It won't open and prompts a dialogue box "You'll need a new app to open windowsdefender link" and suggests looking for an app in Microsoft store. But...
  9. windows defender wont ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender wont ON: halo, please help me. my defender wont ON[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-wont-on/f8746978-7e33-44dc-950b-4ad9dc6ef57b
  10. Defender wont open 0x800106ba

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender wont open 0x800106ba: First hello im new here. I searched all the forum but couldnt find answer. I have a problem about windows defender(0x800106ba) [img] (it says something about defender service bla bla bla restart pc..and i checked the service) (Also i dont use another AV utility)...