Windows 10: windows defender wont show up after virus installtion

Discus and support windows defender wont show up after virus installtion in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello yes I install virus protector and I uninstall it because I hade paid and I didnt know that and my windows defender wont show up at all and I dont... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SlimmerApe92734, May 21, 2020.

1. windows defender wont show up after virus installtion

hello yes I install virus protector and I uninstall it because I hade paid and I didnt know that and my windows defender wont show up at all and I dont know what to do it says to ask my it support but im the host of the computer and im not in a school or a business someone please help

:)

SlimmerApe92734, May 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, May 21, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 21, 2020
  4. windows defender wont show up after virus installtion

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 21, 2020
Thema:

windows defender wont show up after virus installtion

1. windows defender wont show up after virus installtion - Similar Threads - defender wont show

2. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  3. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  4. Virus and threat is not showing up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat is not showing up.: Hi there, im using windows 11, i tried to scan my virus but it didnt show the "Virus And Threat protection" menu, My PC is been slow because of virus. I need help.Thanks. - Simeon...
  5. Virus and Protection not showing up.

Virus and Protection not showing up.: I have been having many difficulties getting the "Viruses and Protection" list to work. It disappeared a while ago and I would like to get it back. I have tried almost every way and am not sure why this will still not work. The first method was the open "Open Local Group...
  6. Windows Defender doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender doesn't show up: [ATTACH] So I opened my laptop like any other morning and apparently, the Defender icon is not present at all. I went immediately to Settings to find...this. Last time I checked everything was fine and W10 had some minor updates without my permission as usual. Any tips to...
  7. installtion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installtion: in microsoft store,i am trying to download new windows notepad.but is not meet system requirements.it requires build os 19541.0 but my pc has version19041. so,can any one tell me which version is 19541 and when i can get this update....
  8. Installtion error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installtion error: I was installing windows 10 pro and during the "Finushing up" phase an error occured. This is what it says. "Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted file. Contact the vendor of your Windows installation disc or your system administrator for assistance."[IMG] Can someone...
  9. Game wont show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game wont show up: Hey, i purchased and downloaded minecraft starter addition but when i play minecraft it opens to the free trial game and asks me to upgrade to the full version and the starter pack is in the store but if i open my recent purchases its there like i bought it ad the money is...
  10. Windows Defender Settings will not show up

Windows Defender Settings will not show up: I'm running windows 10 newest version as far as I know and I can't figure this out no matter where I look [img] 87882