Windows 10: Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats.

Discus and support Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I use the scan feature from Windows Defender, the same threats that have already been found show up so I always press the start actions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Miray7373, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Miray7373 Win User

Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats.

Every time I use the scan feature from Windows Defender, the same threats that have already been found show up so I always press the start actions button but then when I scan another time the same threats show up, I have repeated this cycle for more than 10 times and nothing has changed. Please help me remove them.

More information:

-Windows 10 64-bit.

-I have already deleted the softwares that included these threats but nothing has changed.

-They are low-level threats.

-I have the Malwarebytes antivirus but it hasn't detected any threats at all.

:)

Miray7373, Sep 1, 2020
  2. David S. Win User

Windows Defender found one threat, but won't allow me to take action

My Windows 10 x64 pro is up to date, at build 1809. Every once a while, the defender program will notify me that it has found a threat. But it does not say what exactly is the threat, nor does it allow me to take any action. In addition, the threat history shows empty list.

Virus threat protection

Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats. UWsSW.png

Threat History

Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats. cZ7zq.png

Full threat history

Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats. 5oJoZ.png

David S., Sep 1, 2020
  3. Defender finds a threat but doesn't take action

I ran a full scan and defender seems to have found a threat but when I say to fix it, it runs forever saying it is "taking action on the threats". When I select "See threat results" it shows no threats. Did it or not find a threat?

RobertBennett1, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Zackary Win User

Windows Defender keeps taking action on nonexistent threats on nonexistent scans

I have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 3541) running Windows 10 v1803. Recently, I have been getting notifications from Windows Defender saying threats were found and removed on scnas that didn't happen.

Some of the notifications are:

and

When I go to Windows Defender, it doesn't show any threats found - nor does it even show a recent scan. For example, I got one of the above notifications today, and this is what Windows Defender showed.

Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats. qUClB.png

I tried running a scan, but the ETA was 4 hours, then 20, then 70, and still kept going up.

Is there a way I can find out what the "threats" are? Or make it stop sending these unnecessary notifications?

Zackary, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats. - Similar Threads - Defender won't start

2. WIndows found a threat but won't take action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows found a threat but won't take action: So I did a scan and found out there is a threat but everytime I try to take action it just doesnt do anything. This threat makes my google really weird like randomly making me go to links and changes how it looks in general...
  3. WIndows found a threat but won't take action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows found a threat but won't take action: So I did a scan and found out there is a threat but everytime I try to take action it just doesnt do anything. This threat makes my google really weird like randomly making me go to links and changes how it looks in general...
  4. WIndows found a threat but won't take action

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!: "Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!" Windows Security recognizes a threat after running a full scan and suggests to "Start Actions". However, when I select the button, no options appear to handle the threat! Is this a dead-end situation? Is there nothing else to...
  6. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!: "Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!" Windows Security recognizes a threat after running a full scan and suggests to "Start Actions". However, when I select the button, no options appear to handle the threat! Is this a dead-end situation? Is there nothing else to...
  7. Current Threats found but cannot Start Actions!

8. Threats found. Start the recommended actions.

Threats found. Start the recommended actions.: Threats found. Start the recommended actions. but how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threats-found-start-the-recommended-actions/3f6f4e9a-c25a-4c57-b1d6-4e10ec6727b1
  9. Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats

Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats: After running a full scan, some threats were reported. "Taking action" has now been in progress for several hours. Is this normal? How long can it take? what happens if I terminate it by closing the window?...
  10. Windows defender threats found and available actions

Windows defender threats found and available actions: I did a full system scan with windows defender and it found threats. My question is with the available actions, i'm not sure what each one does exactly and want to make sure I choose the right one. My options Clean threat quarantine remove allow on device What do...