Windows 10: Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

Discus and support Windows Defender wrongly detect the program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I work for a cyber security company. Our program keeps being detected by Windows Defender. For that reason, we submit the file through the URL below... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Favian Chen, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

I work for a cyber security company.

Our program keeps being detected by Windows Defender.

For that reason, we submit the file through the URL below and hope it would be whitelisted in Defender.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

The Submission result says our program have removed from the detection as shown below.

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program 3c0dadeb-1871-4417-be35-d3750f5dfed8?upload=true.png

The Page also show that with the latest malware definition or online definition, our program should not be detect by Defender.

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program f8d88def-c435-468d-bba9-c76160040a39?upload=true.png

But on our Lab machine, the false detection still keeps happening with the latest definition.
    My question is...

Why does this happen?

Is there a way to really remove the false detection?

:)

Favian Chen, Jul 23, 2019

2. Windows Defender notification of malware detection

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to update the Windows Defender program and check if it helps.

To check for new Windows Defender definitions manually:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Click the arrow next to the Help button, and then click Check for updates. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Also, check if the detection is of the same malware file or not. Again, see if it is any specific program or a file you try to access which triggers the detection.

Additionally, view the log in Event Viewer to check if the malware is removed every time it is prompted.

To open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.
    • Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.
    You can view Windows Defender "Operational" events in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender.

Kindly keep us posted, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

1. Windows Defender wrongly detect the program - Similar Threads - Defender wrongly detect

2. Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?: Hi, I'm normally in Texas but I have been in Panama for a few weeks which is on the same time zone as Texas. Now I am back in Texas (central time) For some reason now, windows thinks im in Pacific time if I let it set time zone automatically. I have location permission on so...
  3. Windows closes the wrong program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows closes the wrong program: Going all the way to the "x" on the top right of the screen closes out the programs BEHIND the program I am trying to close out. All applications are full screen, Windows, not me, just selects the wrong program to close. It glitches out or something and goes to the farthest...
  4. Virus Detected by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Detected by Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same virus detected by my windows defender was detected 50 minutes ago. I don't own any of the apps you have installed that might have caused it but that happened to me. I own a Surface Pro 6, i don't know what to do so please help me....
  5. Windows Defender Detecting Trojan

Windows Defender Detecting Trojan: i downloaded a book file yesterday and it got saved in DVD drive E when i opened it, it asked to run it to view files and i did it, after few hours window security was popping up saying threat detected and i ejected the file, but still the window security is popping up and...
  6. Laptop detecting wrong phone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detecting wrong phone.: When plugged via USB, my laptop detects an S8 instead of my S10. I had previously used an S8 to connect to this laptop a long time ago. I also cannot access my media due to not detecting my S10. What should I do to fix this? Thanks. submitted by /u/Petrikke [link]...
  7. Something is very wrong with Windows Defender!

Something is very wrong with Windows Defender!: Windows defender is acting weird in the recent updates, it doesn't acts normal to a threat it found - It was unable to remove it or even quarantine it, to be least. Most recently, when I had shared a OneDrive link to a friend, he reported that link was infected with...
  8. Occamy.B detected by Windows defender

Occamy.B detected by Windows defender: Windows Defender detected the Occamy.B virus on my computer. After selecting "REMOVE" from the Actions drop down box and rerunning Defender, Occamy.B continues to be detected as a threat. IS defender unable to remove this virus and, if so, what do I need to do?...
  9. windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor: I am having a problem with the windows 10 upgrade service. It keeps telling me my display adaptor is a Matrox adaptor but the actual adaptor is an intel motherboard adaptor. No Matrox adaptor has ever been fitted (I have had the computer for 15 years (various new...
  10. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...