Windows 10: Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

Discus and support Windows Defender wrongly detect the program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I work for a cyber security company. Our program keeps being detected by Windows Defender. For that reason, we submit the file through the URL below... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Favian Chen, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

I work for a cyber security company.

Our program keeps being detected by Windows Defender.

For that reason, we submit the file through the URL below and hope it would be whitelisted in Defender.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

The Submission result says our program have removed from the detection as shown below.

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program 3c0dadeb-1871-4417-be35-d3750f5dfed8?upload=true.png

The Page also show that with the latest malware definition or online definition, our program should not be detect by Defender.

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program f8d88def-c435-468d-bba9-c76160040a39?upload=true.png

But on our Lab machine, the false detection still keeps happening with the latest definition.
    My question is...

Why does this happen?

Is there a way to really remove the false detection?

:)

Favian Chen, Jul 23, 2019

2. Windows Defender notification of malware detection

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to update the Windows Defender program and check if it helps.

To check for new Windows Defender definitions manually:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Click the arrow next to the Help button, and then click Check for updates. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Also, check if the detection is of the same malware file or not. Again, see if it is any specific program or a file you try to access which triggers the detection.

Additionally, view the log in Event Viewer to check if the malware is removed every time it is prompted.

To open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.
    • Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.
    You can view Windows Defender "Operational" events in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender.

Kindly keep us posted, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

1. Windows Defender wrongly detect the program - Similar Threads - Defender wrongly detect

2. keyboard opens wrong programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard opens wrong programs: My Asus ROG Maximus PC ( Asus ROG Claymore keyboard ) started to work incorrectly because when I try to type using the keyboard it opens different programs instead of typing. I scanned my computer because I thought the issue is caused by malware or virus. However the virus...
  3. Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader: Hey, My windows defender has started detecting a virus named 'Trojandownloader:JS/Fakepack' since yesterday. And its detecting every time I turn on to my laptop. So I just started a full scan for my system. All the files were scanned in a duration of 1 hour but 3 files were...
  4. Windows Defender did not detect Malware

Windows Defender did not detect Malware: Hi -- MS phone support REALLY sucks!! The Spanish speaking latin rep just hung up! She was so adamant on repeating her answer and refused to listen to my situation. Anyway. I ran Defender (Win 10) both full scan and offline. The app detected nothing. I had doubts that I...
  5. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"
  6. Wrong Program Installation Dates!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Program Installation Dates!: I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I...
  7. windows 10 detects wrong drive manufacturer & type????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 detects wrong drive manufacturer & type????: This one is a new one on me but am sure there is going to be someone out there that has come across this... I have several HDD's in my systems, after receiving recent updates recently I noticed my boot drive on one of them starting to clunk & squeal a bit, I thought as the...
  8. windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor: I am having a problem with the windows 10 upgrade service. It keeps telling me my display adaptor is a Matrox adaptor but the actual adaptor is an intel motherboard adaptor. No Matrox adaptor has ever been fitted (I have had the computer for 15 years (various new...
  9. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...
  10. Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program: I had Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). When Windows 10 upgraded, it installed the 32-bit system. Why? And how can I get that fixed? 25923