Windows 10: Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Discus and support Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! The task bar icon says 'Actions recommended', but no problem found in the Windows Defender security center 'Security at a glance' components.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ranaa, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Ranaa Win User

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Hello!
    The task bar icon says 'Actions recommended', but no problem found in the Windows Defender security center 'Security at a glance' components.
    Anyone knows what could have caused this ?

:)

Ranaa, Dec 19, 2018

2. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider.

The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a yellow exclamation mark. When I hover over it, the hint says "Actions Recommended":

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged 7215291e-57c6-46e9-ab08-2ed4b7172b0b?upload=true.png

But when I click the taskbar icon and go to Security at a glance, no problems are flagged:

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged c5ed62eb-fc54-4f77-b3c1-2a9c4ade9abc?upload=true.png

Just to be sure, I've clicked into each of those seven areas and no problems are flagged. The only sort-of warning I see is on
    Account protection, where it says in red text, "To use Windows Hello, sign into Microsoft." However, tat doesn't appear to be an actual warning, just an informational message. And I prefer to use a local account for logging in.

I've rebooted multiple times, I've run Windows Update a couple of times, and I've run a couple of Norton scans.

Am I overlooking an actual warning, or is this a false alert? And in either case, how can I resolve it?

Andy Giesler, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems

Hi Dirk3672,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, this issue can be easily fixed by changing few settings under Windows defender. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open the
    Windows Defender Security Center page>Click on Virus & threat protection.

2. Scroll down to
    Ransomware Protection and click it.

3. At the bottom, in the Ransomware Data Recovery section, Click on set up OneDrive.

4. Next to that text was a link to Dismiss the notice. Just clicked on that and check if the yellow exclamation is gone.

For more information you can follow the post
    answered by
    Babble1
    on 20 November 2018. If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Dirk3672 Win User

Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems

Title

I don't have other computers to put in a family. No option given to disable??

***Modify title from: Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family Options" ***

Dirk3672, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged - Similar Threads - Defender yellow exclamation

2. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  3. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  4. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: Hi not sure will help had same problem, try this click on privacy & security then App & browser control then enable reputation-base protection that should fix your problem fingers cross...
  5. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: Hi not sure will help had same problem, try this click on privacy & security then App & browser control then enable reputation-base protection that should fix your problem fingers cross...
  6. Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation: The Windows Defender notification icon has the yellow exclamation mark. But, for the life of me I can't find anything wrong. And, of course, Windows doesn't elaborate. Any ideas, James...
  7. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: The Windows Security icon in the system tray shows the yellow exclamation mark for Action Recommended, but when I click on the icon and open Windows Security settings, there is nothing flagged for recommendations. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have full Norton 360 installed....
  8. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow exclamation mark on wifi: Hello, From past 2 days i got yellow exclamation mark on wifi (saying no internet access). I have changed wifi dongle. But problem remains same. I tried everything like resetting network adaptor , some command on command prompt, repair windows with iso file, and at last i do...
  9. Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems

Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems: Title I don't have other computers to put in a family. No option given to disable?? ***Modify title from: Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family Options" ***...
  10. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged: A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider. The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a yellow exclamation mark. When I hover over it, the hint says "Actions Recommended": [ATTACH] But when I click the taskbar icon...