Windows 10: Windows Defender zaps apps without asking or reporting

Discus and support Windows Defender zaps apps without asking or reporting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 19041.388 Pro. App is from 2013, paid for, Koyote Free Video Converter. If I try to run it I get a very brief busy, and then nothing. Not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by macnab, Jul 19, 2020.

1. macnab Win User

Windows Defender zaps apps without asking or reporting

Windows 19041.388 Pro.
    App is from 2013, paid for, Koyote Free Video Converter.
    If I try to run it I get a very brief busy, and then nothing. Not deleted, just doesn't run. Nothing can be found in Task Manager.

If I disable Windows Defender and reinstall it, it works fine. The moment Defender re-enables itself the app becomes "dead" again.

Defender also has the nasty habit of saying known, safe apps are low risks, kills them, and gives me no option to say allow on this device. Need to disable Defender in order to use them.

Been doing it for about a month.

:)

macnab, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 19, 2020
  3. windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Windows Defender zaps apps without asking or reporting

windows defender

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you get any error message.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Make the “Windows defender Service” startup type to “Automatic”.

• Press “Windows key + R” from keyboard.
    • Type “services.msc” without quotes in the “Run” Window and hit enter.
    • Search for “Windows Defender Service”.
    • Make “Startup Type” to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer and then check how it works.

Method 2: Run a SFC (System File Checker) Scan by following the steps provided below.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Also, would like to inform that if other antivirus is running in the computer, Windows Defender will be disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender zaps apps without asking or reporting

1. Windows Defender zaps apps without asking or reporting - Similar Threads - Defender zaps apps

2. Error with windows defender asking for app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with windows defender asking for app: Hello, I just want to ask why I cannot open my windows defender? When I open it, it will ask for an app. I tried restarting and still the same error.I don't have any antivirus installed, I don't know what app is missing. Please help....
  3. Error with windows defender asking for app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error with windows defender asking for app: Hello, I just want to ask why I cannot open my windows defender? When I open it, it will ask for an app. I tried restarting and still the same error.I don't have any antivirus installed, I don't know what app is missing. Please help....
  4. Error with windows defender asking for app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me: sometimes when i try playing a video, or starting a program , video is slow even if I have good internet, programs appear to be extremely slow including task manager. so , i opened task manager and checked that there is no problem with startup items, everything is disabled....
  6. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me: sometimes when i try playing a video, or starting a program , video is slow even if I have good internet, programs appear to be extremely slow including task manager. so , i opened task manager and checked that there is no problem with startup items, everything is disabled....
  7. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. USB Key Drives Zapped !!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Key Drives Zapped !!!: I am trying to rebuild a Bee Link U55 computer with Win 10, and have been booting it from a USB key with WinPE. This has been used several times without problems. All of a sudden the computer stopped booting from WinPE. I checked the WinPE key in other computers, and they...
  9. Without Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Without Windows Defender?: Hello. Imagine if Windows Defender didn't exist or it was really bad. (Fictitious event!) With which of these 3 programs (free of charge) would you still be most likely to protect yourself? Kaspersky Security Cloud Free Avira Free Security Suite Avast Free...
  10. urbackup reported by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    urbackup reported by Windows Defender: I am installing Urbackup Server 2.3.8. Windows Defender says unknown publisher. Are there any reports of hacked Urbackup installs with virus or ransomware or spyware out there. Sophos Home Premium also does not like it to run. Is this the big boys trying to stifle open...