Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having problems starting up some games on Steam, and I have contacted the games' support. They say that I need to disable Windows Defender but when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamRobbins2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. WilliamRobbins2 Win User

Windows Defender

I'm having problems starting up some games on Steam, and I have contacted the games' support. They say that I need to disable Windows Defender but when I try to a message comes up saying I need to contact my IT helpdesk? If I can do this here then please can I disable my windows defender, if not, do you know where I can look to find an answer?

:)

WilliamRobbins2, Sep 14, 2018
  2. José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO Win User

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Rafael Com Win User
    Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Monica Cam Win User

Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows defender problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender problem: Hey there....I am having this issue in Windows defender...I'll tell you how the issue appered... I started my latop one day ..it booted till the lockscreen and then automatically restarted ...and booted into lock screen again.. When I logged in everything seemed norm......
  3. windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender: virus and spyware definitions cannot be updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/windows-defender/282e8f47-0f3d-4a97-a90c-0b9d024a0b35
  4. Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.

Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.: Hello friends, I am facing a problem on my laptop because of which Microsoft Edge is automatically opening with this link.(http://laserveradedomaina.com/redirect/57a764d042bf8) And I can't ON the Real Time protection of windows defender. "This setting Is managed by your...
  5. Windows Defender

Windows Defender: Every time I try to download something, my Windows defender blocks everything, it gives me the following message: Unauthorized changes blocked, Controlled folder access blocked with C:\... then the rest of the extension but it doesn't give me the full extension so it is very...
  6. Windows Defender

Windows Defender: After the Update 1803 Windows Defender does not show anything ..all the protections are switched off automatically. And I can't turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender/33aa8b66-e25d-49d8-8cf7-88e22f42dae1"
  7. Cannot update windows and windows defender updates WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update windows and windows defender updates WIN 10: Hi, I've tried pretty much everything but cannot update windows or windows defender. I get messages like : "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  8. Windows Defender

Windows Defender: Dear Microsoft team, My Windows Defender is not working now i reinstall window but still same issue, i had already send email to you. Please find the screen shot. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3

Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3: For a week or so, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 (Paid) has been going off when opening MinTool Partition Wizard Free (10.2) and I wasn't to concerned about it. Today MiniTool Partition Wizard Free tried to update to 10.3 and Windows Defender went off on it, so not to sure what to think...
  10. Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3: For a week or so, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 (Paid) has been going off when opening MinTool Partition Wizard Free (10.2) and I wasn't to concerned about it. Today MiniTool Partition Wizard Free tried to update to 10.3 and Windows Defender went off on it, so not to sure what to think...