Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having problems starting up some games on Steam, and I have contacted the games' support. They say that I need to disable Windows Defender but when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamRobbins2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows Defender

I'm having problems starting up some games on Steam, and I have contacted the games' support. They say that I need to disable Windows Defender but when I try to a message comes up saying I need to contact my IT helpdesk? If I can do this here then please can I disable my windows defender, if not, do you know where I can look to find an answer?

:)

WilliamRobbins2, Sep 14, 2018

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender: How to run the Off Line scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender/caac8c68-7648-442e-b01c-1a81af08fa9d
  3. Windows Defender Nag Note

Windows Defender Nag Note: Every day I get this message: ..."Virus Protection is turned off. Tap or click to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus"... . When I click on the message, I get sent to the "Security at a Glance" page. Everything has Green check marks. Also ... Periodically I get a message...
  4. Windows Defender Nag Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Nag Note: Every day I get this message: ..."Virus Protection is turned off. Tap or click to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus"... . When I click on the message, I get sent to the "Security at a Glance" page. Everything has Green check marks. Also ... Periodically I get a message...
  5. windows defender

windows defender: I cant open or activate my realtime protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender/1bc398cd-1a96-4425-85d8-f988117bccf7
  6. windows defender cannot be installed virtualization support is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows defender cannot be installed virtualization support is disabled: After a malware removal from windows 10 by windows reset tool, windows defender couldn't be enabled and when I try to turn the service on from the control panel it showing this message "windows defender cannot be installed: virtualization support is disabled" [ATTACH]...
  7. Need exclusion for Defender Exploit Guard Network Protection

Need exclusion for Defender Exploit Guard Network Protection: I have a configuration where the Defender Exploit Guard Network Protection needs to be enabled. Recently an MS update must have changed what triggers this protection and I now have 2 custom applications that no longer launch properly. An acceptable solution is to add...
  8. virus e-browser and windows defender

virus e-browser and windows defender: enabled e-browser edge.virus trojan and virus fox and all virus Jump over the protective wall windows defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-e-browser-and-windows-defender/7e903a36-3180-463c-a762-74bb401e2c7f
  9. Windows Defender did not detect Malware

Windows Defender did not detect Malware: Hi -- MS phone support REALLY sucks!! The Spanish speaking latin rep just hung up! She was so adamant on repeating her answer and refused to listen to my situation. Anyway. I ran Defender (Win 10) both full scan and offline. The app detected nothing. I had doubts that I...
  10. How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data...

How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data...: Hello, my business is trading the stock, futures, and Forex markets. recently I bought a new desktop PC with MS Windows10 on it. This computer will be used for trading, and will only be hooked up to my brokerage firm's market data connection. i want to setup the Windows10...