Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having problems starting up some games on Steam, and I have contacted the games' support. They say that I need to disable Windows Defender but when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamRobbins2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows Defender

I'm having problems starting up some games on Steam, and I have contacted the games' support. They say that I need to disable Windows Defender but when I try to a message comes up saying I need to contact my IT helpdesk? If I can do this here then please can I disable my windows defender, if not, do you know where I can look to find an answer?

:)

WilliamRobbins2, Sep 14, 2018

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. windows defender device performace and health report error windows apps stop working got...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender device performace and health report error windows apps stop working got...: so this morning power went out and came back on i click on windows taskbar show hidden icons i notice windows defender security icon yellow in health report which i never seen before in my life basically saying that some windows apps store has stopped working wanted me to...
  3. Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP

Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP: Thx in advance New refurbished PC just started up with Windows 10 Pro (upgrade from Win7 I think) and refurb win10 license. Windows Defender keeps notifying of threat, but no solution. Maybe came with original pc? I am OK is I wipe drive and reinstall win10 and start...
  4. how to i get rid of windows defender

how to i get rid of windows defender: how to i get rid of windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-get-rid-of-windows-defender/faa3e38a-b3cf-4184-9d97-5e9d851b9256"
  5. Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender: Before reading this please note that I regularly update Windows defender and do full sweeps about every 6 months but it does an automated sweep regularly as well. From Microsoft via Defender (NB Dates back to 2017 and it seems that this issue was known about April 2017):...
  6. Windows Defender SmartScreen cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender SmartScreen cpu usage: My computer has been running slow and I noticed that Windows Defender SmartScreen is using 45-55% of my cpu capacity. I have Windows 10 and Norton anti-virus on the computer. I looked in the forums and it sounds like this should be off when running another anti-virus...
  7. windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised)

windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised): I do not have any other third party antivirus. But still when I open Windows defender security center settings, it texts like this: 'Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Please contact IT...
  8. Defender is not working

Defender is not working: Split from this thread. Need help. Defender is not working it is saying there is a virus something about it and i scan it and it block's it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-is-not-working/b0612aa6-2b52-4d91-9dc2-3cd6b79336c2
  9. windows defender

windows defender: I can't active the virus and threat protection it says tee virus and threat protection is managed by your organization so I don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender/9bf303d4-ae3b-4819-b4e4-76487fadc5cd"
  10. Multiple logged on users are showing for a single host in "Windows Defender Security Center"

Multiple logged on users are showing for a single host in "Windows Defender Security Center": Hello Team, I am observing that there are multiple " Logged on users (last 30 days)" is showing for a single user account. Even though, not a single user logged in other than host owner. Any idea about what should be the investigation for this issue? Thankx in advance...