Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I wanted to know should I have an antivirus software, in addition to windows defender or is windows defwnder is enough itself? (I already have the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ayda95, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ayda95 Win User

Windows Defender

Hi. I wanted to know should I have an antivirus software, in addition to windows defender or is windows defwnder is enough itself? (I already have the latest version of windows defender)

:)

ayda95, Oct 11, 2018
  2. José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO Win User

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Rafael Com Win User
    Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Monica Cam Win User

Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Defender finds Trojan:Win32/Bitrep.A. It removes it, but keeps finding it!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender finds Trojan:Win32/Bitrep.A. It removes it, but keeps finding it!: 5 seconds after removingit, it finds it again. Have run Defender offline, no help. Win 10 64-bit version 1803 (when I check for Windows updates it says I'm up to date!)...
  3. Windows Defender last run time 1999

Windows Defender last run time 1999: Hi, If I go into Task Scheduler and look at the various Windows Defender programs (cleanup, verification, etc.), they all show last runtime as 30/11/1999 and last runtime result as 0x41303. However it must be running as Antimalware Service Executable takes up 60% of my...
  4. How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?

How to submit file to Defender for evaluation?: I have an app from a trusted source that defender has quartered as a threat. To be on the safe side I have submitted the file to several AV sites for evaluation and they are all reporting the file as safe. Is there a way to submit the file to Defender to have it evaluated as...
  5. Windows Defender Threat Details not working

Windows Defender Threat Details not working: Hello, I recently ran a full system scan, and when it finished, I clicked on see threat details, and nothing happened. It shows that I clicked on it, but it doesn't change the page, pull anything up, nothing. I am fully updated, as well as I restarted the computer before I...
  6. Can you submit SHAs to be blacklisted by Windows Defender

Can you submit SHAs to be blacklisted by Windows Defender: There is a way that you can submit files to be scanned for malware (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission) but is there a way that you can submit a hash (SHA) to be blacklisted. This is a feature-set in other AV and AM platforms, and I was wondering if you can...
  7. No Windows Defender Icon with Windows 10 1803

No Windows Defender Icon with Windows 10 1803: How to get back the Windows Defender Icon in Windows 10 version 1803? It used to be in the Taskbar notification area. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-defender-icon-with-windows-10-1803/8f8e5b03-1014-4755-abe9-737dc6386962"
  8. Windows 10 Defender, Update, Recovery, Reset, and reinstall not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Defender, Update, Recovery, Reset, and reinstall not working.: To provide some context: Everything was perfectly fine about a week ago, no detected threats, no malfunctions. Then, I noticed Windows Defender being off on every boot up, so i turned it back on again. At one point, I could not activate windows defender anymore, as I was...
  9. Windows Defender

Windows Defender: I am trying to update my windows defender but it keeps telling me that my connection failed. But I can get on the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender/7c116cd7-ee56-4c77-baaa-5ea25358894d
  10. Defender... its never off completely

Defender... its never off completely: Supposedly if you have another anti virus installed defender is supposed to pretty well shut down... but it doesn't... its still running... its still in my processes eating cpu and ram especially when the pc first boots up. I wanna know why... why is Microsoft so insanely...