Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I wanted to know should I have an antivirus software, in addition to windows defender or is windows defwnder is enough itself? (I already have the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ayda95, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ayda95 Win User

Windows Defender

Hi. I wanted to know should I have an antivirus software, in addition to windows defender or is windows defwnder is enough itself? (I already have the latest version of windows defender)

:)

ayda95, Oct 11, 2018

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows Defender makes it painfully slow to access files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender makes it painfully slow to access files: I'm new to using Defender. I finally got sick of AVG and dumped it. So I have Defender enabled with real-time protection, but now accessing files is unbelievably slow. I might as well have a virus at this point. For example, I use a Nexus dock program which builds up the...
  3. Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator"

Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got fed up with AVG finally and fully uninstalled it with their removal tools. Now I'm trying out Windows Defender to see how I manage. But under "Virus & threat protection settings", I can't enable Real-Time protection.It's greyed out and says, "This setting is managed by...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...
  5. windows defender

windows defender: windows defender are not working error code: 0*8007139f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender/0457ed8a-f2ec-43b6-9a2a-253e83a012e0
  6. Windows 10 is not updating Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is not updating Windows Defender: Me and my roommate. both bought the exact same HP Envy 360 from Costco at the same time. I installed mine using the Microsoft 'remote' method. He installed his using the 'local only' method. We both have McAfee Antivirus on our machines. When I check updates I continue to...
  7. How reinstall windows defender

How reinstall windows defender: So, I might be wrong about this, but this is the conclusion I reached: - Windows Defender itself might be infected or corrupted I have Bitdefender as a secondary antivirus and it detects in temp folder Application.Agent.BSO as a potential threat [ATTACH] I get spammed...
  8. Can’t complete windows defender offline scan

Can’t complete windows defender offline scan: I just bought my laptop a while ago, all the updates are up to date. Just a few weeks a go i got some scam message or maybe virus from a webpage. I did a full scan nothing hits so i tried to do an offline scan but everytime when it gets to 90 something percent it would stop,...
  9. Windows Defender

Windows Defender: Hi All, This morning I noticed that the real-time protection for my Windows Defender was turned off. I saw the message in the "action center" console. I turned it back on. I am wondering what happened? In the Updates tab, I see that virus definitions were created and...
  10. Windows defender missing

Windows defender missing: I go to open the Windows Defender Security center on my new laptop, and it tries to find it in the app store. This of course can't be found. I uninstalled Mcaffe from my system earlier. How do I reinstall windows defender?...