Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paul65-08, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Paul65-08 Win User

Windows Defender

Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10?

:)

Paul65-08, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 6, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows defender can not run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender can not run: i can not able to open windows defender plz help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-can-not-run/5e81ca68-bac8-471a-be11-f97db22d4e78
  3. steps to turn on windows defender protection by way of admin.?

steps to turn on windows defender protection by way of admin.?: my windows defender is in off mode, and I don't have any thing conflicking with WD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/steps-to-turn-on-windows-defender-protection-by/8d34b946-a68f-497a-9ce2-646d567b4f6e
  4. Windows Defender Realtime Protection

Windows Defender Realtime Protection: I've downloaded a file, but windows defender detected a malware on that file.But the file is absolutely clean from any virus.I want to turn off the realtime protection but it can't.Please help....
  5. virus & threat protection is managed by your organization at windows defender in windows 10...

virus & threat protection is managed by your organization at windows defender in windows 10...: [ATTACH]how to active a protection virus its,,,can tell me a step and step to clear my problem its thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/ffdb2aae-0575-4889-9f16-6f7cb0ceca06
  6. Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls

Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls: hi. my windows defender is not working.every time micro soft send thru updates it shuts off my windows defender and I am tired of that.i call the 800-642-7676 number and i am told by a machine I have to call back which is what I do.i have called a dozen times in the last...
  7. Defender Security Center is not working!!!!!!

Defender Security Center is not working!!!!!!: Well my Windows Defender Security Centre is not working properly after I changed the administrator of my Dell laptop and deleted the account of previous administrator. It is showing this error...…. [IMG]...
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus full scan

Windows Defender Antivirus full scan: Can I work in other programs while conducting a full scan with Windows Defender Antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-full-scan/7f08cc5f-6240-4d27-8e57-ac4f374e92d3
  9. What is this 0. Nextyourcontent .com and if Spam how to get rid of it Windows Defender...

What is this 0. Nextyourcontent .com and if Spam how to get rid of it Windows Defender...: What is this 0. Nextyourcontent .com and if Spam how to get rid of it Windows Defender Firewall does not help? * Moved from Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-this-0-nextyourcontent-com-and-if-spam-how/26fce6d8-4ccb-4947-9d42-b6a5d783124b
  10. How to add an exception to Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an exception to Windows Defender: I'm trying to run a program and the tester said: " ... Windows includes Windows Firewall. If Windows Firewall is enabled (which is the default), an exception must be added to un-block EchoLink and allow it to access the Internet." How can I add an 'exception'?...