Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paul65-08, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Paul65-08 Win User

Windows Defender

Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10?

:)

Paul65-08, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 6, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Multiple logged on users are showing for a single host in "Windows Defender Security Center"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple logged on users are showing for a single host in "Windows Defender Security Center": Hello Team, I am observing that there are multiple " Logged on users (last 30 days)" is showing for a single user account. Even though, not a single user logged in other than host owner. Any idea about what should be the investigation for this issue? Thankx in advance...
  3. Windows 8.1; Defender Update Error 80070714

Windows 8.1; Defender Update Error 80070714: I've been updating Defender almost every day since 2014 with a 99% success rate - failures have usually been due to ISP internet connection problems. Since 16th. April 2019 - a week ago - I've had continual update failures, multiple times a day, with error code 80070714....
  4. Windows Defender and VDI

Windows Defender and VDI: HI I am using Windows Defender on my test VDI Environment which is based on Citrix Virtual Desktop and Application. The problem is Windows defender behavior seems not to be working after running the application from a VDI image. I add a test malware but defender did not...
  5. windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender: i cannot seem to use my windows anyhow it was raining real hard it was cold that night so we went to bed earoy i got an updatre recently and could nto use my windows scanner et......
  6. Defender finds threats but can't do anything with them

Defender finds threats but can't do anything with them: Defender picked up some dodgy .exe files from one of those linkbucks type websites that got downloaded, it spotted them which is great but now they are stuck in quarantine and I can't delete them, I tell it to remove and it just sits there with the dots flying across and does...
  7. I want to web proctection in windows defender security center.

I want to web proctection in windows defender security center.: When i visit a website microsoft edge. There so mant ad and malware or track. So want to a web proctection. Is this possible with windows defender security center....
  8. urbackup reported by Windows Defender

urbackup reported by Windows Defender: I am installing Urbackup Server 2.3.8. Windows Defender says unknown publisher. Are there any reports of hacked Urbackup installs with virus or ransomware or spyware out there. Sophos Home Premium also does not like it to run. Is this the big boys trying to stifle open...
  9. Defender Soft ware

Defender Soft ware: I have Windows Defender on my desk top PC. The icon (shield) along the bottom of the screen for the Defender has a red "X" in the lower right corner. I have tried to get it to go away with no luck. In going into the program there is nothing wrong on my protection??? Oh am...
  10. can't able to open virus and threat protection in windows defender

can't able to open virus and threat protection in windows defender: now I am in trouble because I am able to open my windows defender virus & threat protection setting please give a my advise how can I open this setting in my pc?...