Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got a call saying the service that installed this software had their computer hacked and want to remove the Windows Defender from my computer. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DOUGLASHOLBERT, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Windows Defender

I got a call saying the service that installed this software had their computer hacked and want to remove the Windows Defender from my computer.

What is going on?!

:)

DOUGLASHOLBERT, Feb 7, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 7, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. windows defender has blocked your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender has blocked your PC: Got a screen pop up that says windows defender has blocked your pc please call support1-888-630-1823. PC is locked up can't type in anything or use the mouse. Can we just turn off the pc?...
  3. windows defender has blocked your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender has blocked your PC: Got a screen pop up that says windows defender has blocked your pc please call support1-888-630-1823. PC is locked up can't type in anything or use the mouse. Can we just turn off the pc?...
  4. pourquoi windows defender ne se met pas à jour quotidiennement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pourquoi windows defender ne se met pas à jour quotidiennement: pourqoi windows defender ne se met pas à jour quotiennement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pourquoi-windows-defender-ne-se-met-pas-%C3%A0/ab38687a-3110-48ab-b70a-4434b6e861a3
  5. Can anyone examine this Defender Bootstrapper log and explain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone examine this Defender Bootstrapper log and explain?: {"Timestamp":"04/25/2024 15:42:50","Level":"Information","Success":true,"ProcessName":"xpdBootstrapper","XPDVersion":"0.4.48.0","CommitHash":"c0cc7fd465c9e859248841897237e9fb941ed0c6","Copyright":"Copyright C 2022 by Microsoft...
  6. pourquoi windows defender ne se met pas à jour quotidiennement

pourquoi windows defender ne se met pas à jour quotidiennement: pourqoi windows defender ne se met pas à jour quotiennement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pourquoi-windows-defender-ne-se-met-pas-%C3%A0/ab38687a-3110-48ab-b70a-4434b6e861a3
  7. Can anyone examine this Defender Bootstrapper log and explain?

Can anyone examine this Defender Bootstrapper log and explain?: {"Timestamp":"04/25/2024 15:42:50","Level":"Information","Success":true,"ProcessName":"xpdBootstrapper","XPDVersion":"0.4.48.0","CommitHash":"c0cc7fd465c9e859248841897237e9fb941ed0c6","Copyright":"Copyright C 2022 by Microsoft...
  8. window defender for window 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window defender for window 8.1: how to restart window defender for window 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-for-window-81/7e7c148f-c2eb-4611-ae0b-75be39227c6a
  9. window defender for window 8.1

window defender for window 8.1: how to restart window defender for window 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-for-window-81/7e7c148f-c2eb-4611-ae0b-75be39227c6a
  10. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?: Hello AllRecently our FireEye NX solution caught some file downloads which were in .zip format and MS Defender updates. The zip files were password protected also. My question is "Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?" Kindly enlighten me.Thanks Muhammad Tahir...