Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows Defender has stopped working . When i try to open the app , nothing is displayed. Even my built in apps have stopped working. HELP ME!!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PrajwalMalvi, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Windows Defender

My Windows Defender has stopped working . When i try to open the app , nothing is displayed. Even my built in apps have stopped working. HELP ME!!

:)

PrajwalMalvi, Mar 15, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 15, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?: Hi, when my Windows 10x64 notebook is behind the router all ports come out stealth (green) in the ShieldsUP! scanner. But when the notebook is directly connected to the cablemodem (wired) or in public wifi places the scanner shows ports mostly closed, some stealth and one...
  3. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...
  4. Defender shield in taskbar

Defender shield in taskbar: Hello. I have four pc's that display Windows Defender shield in the taskbar and all have a green check mark but one. It seems to have just started this behavior. All looks good when I open to look at the condition but it just seems odd and suspicious. Anyone have an idea what...
  5. Defender shield in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender shield in taskbar: Hello. I have four pc's that display Windows Defender shield in the taskbar and all have a green check mark but one. It seems to have just started this behavior. All looks good when I open to look at the condition but it just seems odd and suspicious. Anyone have an idea what...
  6. Windows 10 has alot of insidous code. I can't remove one drive or home defender I can't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has alot of insidous code. I can't remove one drive or home defender I can't...: If my computer fails I'll buy apple. In apple you can still use the "Add and Remove" option to remove programs from your hand drive. And can back up very easy with DVD disk....
  7. Windows Defender - Additional Insights

Windows Defender - Additional Insights: Being familiar with third party anti-virus's such as Kaspersky and Norton, I find my self compelled to ask a question relating to windows defender versioning. Allow me to elaborate. I am a home user which means I have basic protection, no server, no ATP, no PUA/Pup...
  8. Defender - How to update automatically

Defender - How to update automatically: I'd like to know how to configure Windows Defender to auto update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-how-to-update-automatically/2b446778-f4c8-4580-beaa-e5532f7f332f
  9. Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears: I'm having an issue with Defender firewall. I manually allow an app through the firewall on both public and private networks. The app works fine. When I restart the computer the approved app is no longer listed and the app does not work properly. What I'm trying to do is...
  10. Windows defender unable to update

Windows defender unable to update: Hi everone i am using windows 10 profession and dell 7510 core i7 laptop i am trying to upgrade defender it shows pending to install but automaticall it closes it is unable install is there anyother way...