Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, This morning I noticed that the real-time protection for my Windows Defender was turned off. I saw the message in the "action center"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VictorJonesJV, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Windows Defender

Hi All,

This morning I noticed that the real-time protection for my Windows Defender was turned off. I saw the message in the "action center" console. I turned it back on. I am wondering what happened?

In the Updates tab, I see that virus definitions were created and updated this morning. Is there a connection?

Thanks

VJ

p.s. I normally do a daily "Quick Scan" and a weekly "Full Scan". The last full scan was on Monday.

:)

VictorJonesJV, Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 20, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows 10/11 Clients Defender does not act according to GPO created outbound firewall rules.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Clients Defender does not act according to GPO created outbound firewall rules.: Windows 10/11 Clients Defender does not act according to GPO created outbound firewall rules.We noticed that our current Windows 10 and 11 Clients do not adhere to outbound firewall rules set via GPO.I tried a similar szenario in Hyper-V.Using Windows Server 2022 EVAL as DC...
  3. Windows 10/11 Clients Defender does not act according to GPO created outbound firewall rules.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Clients Defender does not act according to GPO created outbound firewall rules.: Windows 10/11 Clients Defender does not act according to GPO created outbound firewall rules.We noticed that our current Windows 10 and 11 Clients do not adhere to outbound firewall rules set via GPO.I tried a similar szenario in Hyper-V.Using Windows Server 2022 EVAL as DC...
  4. Completely and utterly delete everything having to do with Windows Defender from my system!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely and utterly delete everything having to do with Windows Defender from my system!: Windows Security KEEPS quarantining files despite me having turned off every goddamn setting in it! How do I nuke it from my system? I want it gone!...
  5. Completely and utterly delete everything having to do with Windows Defender from my system!

Completely and utterly delete everything having to do with Windows Defender from my system!: Windows Security KEEPS quarantining files despite me having turned off every goddamn setting in it! How do I nuke it from my system? I want it gone!...
  6. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  7. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  8. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Connect app needs Defender Public Network firewall turned off -- how to fix?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Connect app needs Defender Public Network firewall turned off -- how to fix?: I have an Samsung Android tablet and HP laptop with Windows 10. All the latest updates.Late last year, Connect app stopped working when Windows Defender was active. I discovered that I could fix the problem by disabling the Public Network firewall.With the firewall on, my...
  10. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-one-see-the-result-of-scanning-with/8c7d8679-58ba-4368-bc31-71fcb6298fb7