Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have concerns about Window Defender. My scans always come back with "0" problems found. When using Bitdefender or Norton 360, problems were always... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gerald Anglin, May 7, 2019.

1. Windows Defender

I have concerns about Window Defender. My scans always come back with "0" problems found. When using Bitdefender or Norton 360, problems were always found. Further the problem was graded with a "Threat Level". Those two programs also listed what was found and removed (a History). Does Defender do any of that?

I'm not sure I can rely on Defender to protect my computer.

Pinkrabbit

:)

Gerald Anglin, May 7, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 7, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, May 7, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  3. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  4. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?: wisecare365 pro uninstalled by windows security 4/26/2024 considered to be a threat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-defender-deleted-wise-care-365/cdd16751-9199-476b-aca4-d2a679eea20e
  6. Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?

Why windows defender deleted Wise Care 365?: wisecare365 pro uninstalled by windows security 4/26/2024 considered to be a threat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-defender-deleted-wise-care-365/cdd16751-9199-476b-aca4-d2a679eea20e
  7. Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?: Hello, I'm using Win-11 pro edition, and everything is updated, and I wanted to run an offline windows defender scan but it doesn't work. After choosing the offline scan option and hitting "Yes", nothing happens, it doesn't even restart or do anything on the screen. Also...
  8. Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?

Why can't I run Microsoft Defender Antivirusoffline scan in my pc HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3?: Hello, I'm using Win-11 pro edition, and everything is updated, and I wanted to run an offline windows defender scan but it doesn't work. After choosing the offline scan option and hitting "Yes", nothing happens, it doesn't even restart or do anything on the screen. Also...
  9. windows defender has blocked your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender has blocked your PC: Got a screen pop up that says windows defender has blocked your pc please call support1-888-630-1823. PC is locked up can't type in anything or use the mouse. Can we just turn off the pc?...
  10. windows defender has blocked your PC

windows defender has blocked your PC: Got a screen pop up that says windows defender has blocked your pc please call support1-888-630-1823. PC is locked up can't type in anything or use the mouse. Can we just turn off the pc?...