Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed an application (a video editor) from microsoft store, but I can't scan it with windows defender, what is the reason?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndreiBocse, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Windows Defender

Hi, I just installed an application (a video editor) from microsoft store, but I can't scan it with windows defender, what is the reason?

:)

AndreiBocse, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 13, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. No icon in windows defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icon in windows defender: Hello, my system is almost 1 year, and somehow my windows defender icons just disappear and i can't update windows. I tried other method in getting back the icons, but it seems it didn't show up. But I can still search some of the features e.g. Virus and Threat Protection,...
  3. Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender: So I installed the Nicehash Miner from Github. Now the Windows defender says it found a virus called Presenoker. I have read, that when you download something from Github, the windows defender can be triggered by some of the files github installs. Is that true?...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan takes 5+ minutes to start

Windows Defender Offline Scan takes 5+ minutes to start: Hi, Windows Defender offline scan used to start immediately but now it take 5-6 minutes before the computer reboots. I thought it was maybe because of BitDefender which I installed recently but I tried uninstalling it it and it seemed to do the same. I recently installed...
  5. Windows defender allowed threats reappearing in allowed section, greyed out remove button...

Windows defender allowed threats reappearing in allowed section, greyed out remove button...: Hello, An ugly virus added exclusions in Windows Defender both in allowed threats and folder exclusions sections. After deleting the specific folders and exclusions from regedit, they still appear in Windows defender, with a greyed out, inactive, remove button. Furthermore,...
  6. Did Windows Defender break in a recent dev update? I just had a large memory leak, and it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Windows Defender break in a recent dev update? I just had a large memory leak, and it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/A_Random_Lantern [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l46hz5/did_windows_defender_break_in_a_recent_dev_update/
  7. Microsoft Defender and keyloggers, is it effective?

Microsoft Defender and keyloggers, is it effective?: I tried searching online and get various opinions, but would like to get new answers as of 2021. My laptop runs W10 pro. So, can I trust Defender to protect me from keyloggers? I also use the on screen keyboard, but I'm not sure if the Windows keyboard is that effective....
  8. Windows Security is blank and Windows Defender isn't running. Please help, what to do?

Windows Security is blank and Windows Defender isn't running. Please help, what to do?: [ATTACH] What should I do? Windows 7 never gave these problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-is-blank-and-windows-defender/39106e85-4107-49c6-a9c9-e41274406836
  9. Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?: If windows defender isn't enough protection what is the best recommended anti-virus program for windows 10 with edge? Thanks. Jim Thompson [Original Title: anti-virus]...
  10. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...

Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...: Hi, I use QNAP qsync to sync files on my PC with a private cloud, so far this worked perfectly but since a few days I experience the following: Defender Icon is on « Actions needed » Performed quickscan. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files e.g....