Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender starts scan but doesn't finish and I have a scheduled scan flag that doesn't go away . I click on it and it wants to run a scan.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikebardon, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Windows Defender

Windows Defender starts scan but doesn't finish and I have a scheduled scan flag that doesn't go away . I click on it and it wants to run a scan. Anyone have this issue?

:)

mikebardon, Dec 13, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 13, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Malware disabled (or removed) Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Malware disabled (or removed) Windows Defender: Here's what happened: i started my laptop normally and i went AFK for a while, the fan went full power, it was weird because I've never heard it going so fast, so I opened task manager to search for the culprit and the fan went slow again, I IMMEDIATELY thought "cryptominer",...
  3. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Defender icon in notification tray?: There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing....
  4. Windows defender couldnot update

Windows defender couldnot update: When I Update my Windows defender , I am getting the following error Windows and Spyware definition couldn't be updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-couldnot-update/6e94cb4d-7da4-4e54-a15e-24e622e6e5e8
  5. WINDOWS DEFENDER vs BLENDER Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS DEFENDER vs BLENDER Video Editor: I want to install BLENDER Video Editor 2.81a https://www.blender.org/download/ and Windows Defender doesn't allow me GNU License https://www.blender.org/about/license/ What is the problem with? Thank you!...
  6. Windows 10 Defender is too restrictive - how to reconfigure?

Windows 10 Defender is too restrictive - how to reconfigure?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 nothing like procrastination.... and I have everything smoothed away and running nicely. There's just one fatal flaw in the new system. I have to go to Security Dashboard --> Firewall and Network protection --> Private Network -->...
  7. Multiple driver and defender related BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple driver and defender related BSOD's: Hello. My PC just experienced multiple BSOD's in the span of several hours The first one was a "system service exception", and from what I found online it seemed like it was related to drivers. I updated my graphics drivers since it has been a while, but to no avail....
  8. How to permenently delete xbox game bar, cortana, and windows defender?

in Cortana
    How to permenently delete xbox game bar, cortana, and windows defender?: Why is it that I find more and more bloatware on my PC every single day? Since I'm condemned to this garbage OS windows 10 until I can get a good copy of 7, can I get some advice uninstalling these programs? I own my computer, I should be able to delete whatever the hell I...
  9. How to Remove My Antivirus and use Windows Defender

How to Remove My Antivirus and use Windows Defender: For years I an using Windows Defender and do not want to install any other software. While installing an app AVEST was suddenly installed. I am trying to delete. As soon as I click on Administer permission An AVEST,page opens asking to repair or update program , and it is...
  10. Windows Defender updates?

Windows Defender updates?: Has Windows Defender changed the way it updates its malware definitions? I keep seeing something like Security Intelligence Update from my Windows update history log? 149118