Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access blocked? On my windows 10 pro laptop, I am constantly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lloyd2007, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Lloyd2007 Win User

Windows Defender

I keep getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access blocked?

On my windows 10 pro laptop, I am constantly getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access being blocked. This is what it looks like. Windows Defender 235507be-1409-4da6-be14-41b6cf448552?upload=true.png I have a Toshiba Portege Z930 and I am getting different notifications about this, such as: SearchIndexer.exe, svchost.exe, dynabookSystemService.exe, iexplore.exe, WinSAT.exe and WINWORD.EXE. I have no idea of what any of these are, so please could someone explain what these are and what they are trying to do. Is there a solution to fix this? Thank you to anyone who answers my question, I would very much appreciate it.

:)

Lloyd2007, Oct 10, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 10, 2020
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  3. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  4. Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11: Hello, I am encountering an issue whereby Windows Defender crashes my computer when doing a full scan. I can do multiple quick scans without issue.I have never had any other defender / antivirus on my computer, no drivers errors.I have a DMP file, but not sure how I can...
  5. Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11

Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11: Hello, I am encountering an issue whereby Windows Defender crashes my computer when doing a full scan. I can do multiple quick scans without issue.I have never had any other defender / antivirus on my computer, no drivers errors.I have a DMP file, but not sure how I can...
  6. Windows defender icon missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  7. Windows defender icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  8. Windows defender icon missing

9. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  10. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...