Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can windows defender scan Jar files and tell me if they have malicious intents. I downloaded some safe jar files as mods for some of my game , but now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sacha Morand, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows Defender

Can windows defender scan Jar files and tell me if they have malicious intents. I downloaded some safe jar files as mods for some of my game , but now I do wonder if there could be some kind of hidden virus windows defender cannot handle.

:)

Sacha Morand, Oct 26, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 26, 2020
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. In my windows 10, i have not access to windows security defender anti virus settings. When...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In my windows 10, i have not access to windows security defender anti virus settings. When...: Previous, i had windows 7, and i upgrade to windows 10. The new system function well, with this observation that i have not access of this settings. in my laptop, i had installed avast Premium security, at antivirus, and it function well. How i could remedy access at...
  3. Scam email regarding windows defender invoice

Scam email regarding windows defender invoice: I presume this is a scam as it is saying you are tsking 400 dollars as a yearly fee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email-regarding-windows-defender-invoice/27d04a92-92ee-4e74-8ef5-f08de752b60e
  4. Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription

Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription: Hi all, Please advise as it seems I have received a spam e-mail confirming completion of one year subscription of Windows Defender Team. QTE From: Rose Eliot Rose Eliot <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: 23 November 2020 10:14 Subject: Invoice Paid...
  5. Windows 8.1 Defender Error code : 0x80070424

Windows 8.1 Defender Error code : 0x80070424: icant turn on my Windows denfeder : -Your pc is'nt being monitored because the app's service stopped , You should restart it now . -The service couldn't be started. -The specified does not exist as an installed service . -Error code : 0x80070424...
  6. is windows defender sufficient with 1909

is windows defender sufficient with 1909: is windows defender sufficient for antivirus protection in version 1909? 168972
  7. Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc.

Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc.: A few moments ago, a trojan got in my pc. I made a quick and a full scan, the trojan got detected bu there was no option to quarantine nor remove it. The only option was let it run. I, sadly, clicked let it run. I don't know what to do now, can anyone help?...
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions: Can anybody tell me why the exclusions are invisible here, despite the fact that I have added many folders and files.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus-exclusions/5c2689fd-4ea4-415b-aac9-9203aff44bcc
  9. windows defender

windows defender: is windows defender sufficient for protecting my computer or should i purchase any third party antivirus software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender/bfe45c96-74b6-4f2a-a399-d74e4965ac80
  10. Help with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Windows Defender: I just had my Windows reinstalled because I kept getting AdobeIPC Broker application errors (and others like AGCInvoker). I've read about guides to fix these errors, but I also read from a reddit user of his own experience and only a clean reinstallation solving it for him....