Windows 10: windows defender

Discus and support windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I an unable to run a scan. It gets to 50000+ approx3.5 mins in then freezes. Why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarianneMarlow1, Jan 28, 2021.

1. windows defender

I an unable to run a scan. It gets to 50000+ approx3.5 mins in then freezes. Why?

:)

MarianneMarlow1, Jan 28, 2021

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 28, 2021
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jan 28, 2021
  4. windows defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

windows defender

1. windows defender - Similar Threads - defender

2. Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?: I don't know if i have a extreme weak memory but im pretty sure the option in app & browser control about windows smartscreen defender checking apps and files not recognized by the web was on some moments ago and from nowhere it turned itself off, so i have to go and enable...
  3. Windows 10 Defender not removing old warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender not removing old warning: Hi all, After using a cd-rom from a friend of mine windows defender notified me that there is a trojan horse on it. Now that i have removed that cd and "obliterated" it, Windows defender still keeps informing me of that trojan.. how do i remove that warning now the cd is...
  4. I have "allowed" viruses on my Widnows defender and I can not remove them.

I have "allowed" viruses on my Widnows defender and I can not remove them.: When I go on Windows defender - Allowed threads I have several exceptions which are trojans. I click on "Don't allow" and they disappear but when I turn back they are again there. What I should do? Here are a few examples: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml...
  5. Windows Defender Displays "Page not available"

Windows Defender Displays "Page not available": Hello, I had previously installed panda for antivirus but when I uninstalled it and when I checked the windows defender and it was disabled and I'm not able to turn on real time protection and I have deleted the registry and other things but nothing has worked. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: Hi Please assist My windows Defender Firewall are disabled in the Services and it does not allow me to start or select any action on it to change it to automatic...
  7. Windows Defender Auto Updates

Windows Defender Auto Updates: Hello I wan't to know how I can disable the windows defender auto updates,because for me is bad the windows defender updates every day,my notebook have low ram,and the updates make this worse,someone can help me?...
  8. Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings to stop Defender going nuts every time I open Firefox?: I have Windows Defender running in the background as my main AV (if I ever have a dodgy file I need scanned I just use virustotal) but lately its been absolutely obnoxious, every time I open Firefox or copy files defender kicks in and pegs my CPU so I get to enjoy the...
  9. how to move exclusions from windows defender to other antivirus

how to move exclusions from windows defender to other antivirus: at the title says, how do i move it to another antivirus with it removes half of my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-exclusions-from-windows-defender-to/60735a80-ffaa-4f33-96ba-8fa18507f7cc
  10. Windows Defender

Windows Defender: Hello, I had previously installed panda for antivirus but when I uninstalled it and when I checked the windows defender and it was disabled and I'm not able to turn on real time protection and I have deleted the registry and other things but nothing has worked....