Windows 10: Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I extracted a ZIP-file and got a notification saying that it contained a severe threat. I immediately deleted it, uninstalled all related apps, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rivi Kathriarachchi, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Windows Defender

Hi, I extracted a ZIP-file and got a notification saying that it contained a severe threat. I immediately deleted it, uninstalled all related apps, and ran a full scan. When I went to protection history, it said that the infected file with the severe threat had been "Remove OR Restored".

Does this means that the virus was restored?

Also, if there was a virus in my computer, a full scan can find it and remove it right?

Please reply, as I am afraid.

I also ran a few quick scans, and am running a full scan.

P.S. I use Windows Defender on my on my windows 10.

:)

Rivi Kathriarachchi, Mar 6, 2021

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 6, 2021
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Windows Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender

1. Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy: In order to troubleshoot a network issue I downloaded netcat ncat.exe. Windows Defender classifies this as a "hack tool" and attempts to quarantine it. It is not malware, it is a network debugging tool. I was able to whitelist the executable. However, it now appears in...
  3. Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar: Just fixed a few problems with malware and Windows Defender being disabled. Real time protection is on and everything seems to be working perfectly fine now, but the Windows Defender icon isn't showing in the ^ menu of the taskbar. Is this a problem? I can't remember if it...
  4. Does Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Winfows 10 Home block malware on USB drives? Official...

Does Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Winfows 10 Home block malware on USB drives? Official...: Hello all, I am looking for an official information if Microsoft Defender Antivirus is protecting my PC from malware contained on USB drive for Windows 10 Home version. If you read the general security web page it states that real time protection is protecting files and...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender

Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender: Hi everyone, lately I've been having problems with the Antimalware Service Executable, which drives the cpu usage and the powerusage high. The only thing I changed was downloading the Git GUI, which I recently uninstalled again. I also tried to change the scan timetable...
  6. How could it be that Microsoft Defender Anti Virus found threats but is not capable of...

How could it be that Microsoft Defender Anti Virus found threats but is not capable of...: Note: This subject was discussed in Case #:1018823600 in Israel March 9, 2021 my problem in short: Microsoft Defender Anti Virus Windows 10 is detecting threats on my computer but is not able to root them out or to do anything. Here is how it goes: 1. I am disabling my...
  7. Win32/Uwasson.A!ml thru Defender and run.bat created

Win32/Uwasson.A!ml thru Defender and run.bat created: Hello, I keep getting a windows defender popup of Win32/Uwasson.A!ml . I have ran malwarebytes and each time it is pointing to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and it creates a run.bat file under my account and the default...
  8. Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all.

Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all.: I've tried to open windows defender for a total system scan after some weird behavior with my mouse randomly moving without me touching it. I just can not open windows defender AT ALL. I've also tried to update Windows for it's last version but the its spewing: There...
  9. powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day

powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day: hi there i have this strange issue where windows defender access folder is blocking /blocked powershell . exe from accessing my personal files c : \ users \ accountusername and this happened after i turned on my access folder option in the windows defender app . now i know...
  10. MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine?

MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine?: Hi, At the place I work at, we are considering of using MS Defender ATP, however our corporate machines have Symantec installed. We wanted to know if this installation will affect how Defender behaves when there is already another anti virus installed? Typically the best...