Windows 10: Windows defender

Discus and support Windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows defender did a full scan and found 2 threats. What do i do now?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonutDR, May 13, 2021.

1. DonutDR Win User

Windows defender

Windows defender did a full scan and found 2 threats. What do i do now?

:)

DonutDR, May 13, 2021

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 13, 2021
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, May 13, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows defender

1. Windows defender - Similar Threads - defender

2. windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender: I have message '' supposedly " from windows requesting $271.71 to be auto deducted from my account on June 21, 2021. Is this from you all?Thanks,Dennis Padgett https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender/2c142443-e3f0-49a9-801e-30ac72f258d5
  3. Windows Defender/Malicious Software Removal Tool/Antimalware/Security Essentials: What are...

Windows Defender/Malicious Software Removal Tool/Antimalware/Security Essentials: What are...: And why can't Microsoft get its act together regarding antivirus detection? Every year its some new tool with a different name. Yet they all seem to do the same thing: Look for virus problems. I'm using Win7.I have Windows Defender in Control Panel it doesn't launch.I...
  4. Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???

Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???: I tried to run Microsoft defender offline scan to make sure my pc is clean . I ran it after giving the admin rights it doesn't runs I tried multiple times but no response from it, even after 10 min it doesn't starts .So I restarted my pc after it run that again still run two...
  5. get a message to turn on windows defender

get a message to turn on windows defender: so now i'm getting a notice to turn on windows defender when i click it i get another message page not available but i'm the admin and sign in as admin. so in looking at the security page i don't see antivirus in there but i do see defender and it is turned on. so anyone know...
  6. get a message to turn on windows defender

in Windows 10 Support
    get a message to turn on windows defender: so now i'm getting a notice to turn on windows defender when i click it i get another message page not available but i'm the admin and sign in as admin. so in looking at the security page i don't see antivirus in there but i do see defender and it is turned on. so anyone know...
  7. Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???: I tried to run Microsoft defender offline scan to make sure my pc is clean . I ran it after giving the admin rights it doesn't runs I tried multiple times but no response from it, even after 10 min it doesn't starts .So I restarted my pc after it run that again still run two...
  8. windows defender says my pc found ransomwere malware but defender cant remve it...

windows defender says my pc found ransomwere malware but defender cant remve it...: windows defender says my pc found ransomwere malware but defender cant remve it completely.How can i remove these malware completely from my pc....
  9. Minecraft blocked by windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft blocked by windows defender?: I try to open minecraft on my computer but it always reaches the loading page and stops responding. I have updated drivers, update the OS , I restarted my computer, I re downloaded both java and Minecraft but still nothing. I have no idea what to do...
  10. Microsoft Defender successfully took action on threats but doesn't seems to be appear in...

Microsoft Defender successfully took action on threats but doesn't seems to be appear in...: What's Happening ? ? Is it a bug or what ?Why the threat doesn't appear in Protection History ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-successfully-took-action-on/e4e5a852-5599-46fd-9f4a-d84482f9f5ee