Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I Look forward to get Help from this communityThe methods all I have used to get this issue solved so farIt would be better if you do not suggest me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arafat Sakib1, Jun 21, 2022.

1. WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE

I Look forward to get Help from this communityThe methods all I have used to get this issue solved so farIt would be better if you do not suggest me any of the these methods again1I have run malwarebytes and MS Safescan to remove this virus and it has not solved the issue.2 I have used that RUN command prompt method , in which you basically run command to remove and reset your WINDOWS DEFENDER.3 I have used the regedit method to change the value to 0 of disbaleAntiSpyware . AND whatever possible thing to do with regedit. none of these above worked out. I am eagerly looking forward for so

:)

Arafat Sakib1, Jun 21, 2022
  2. Crizal Win User

Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post.

Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper Protection.
    Here's the blow-by-blow.....

1. Friend and I were running 1809 and installed 1903 via Update Assistant on Tuesday, May 21st. No issues and Defender Tamper Protection was on (default setting).
    2. Two days later, the 23rd, friend gets alert that Tamper Protection is off. She turned it on and it seems to be holding.
    3. Today, I get the alert Tamper Protection is off and I turned it on. So far, it's holding.

I have no idea why Tamper Protection would turn off. Both computers are clean -- no viruses, trojans, malware or adware. We do not mess around in the registry and there is absolutely no third-party antivirus on either machine.

For now, I'm taking a wait-and-see if Tamper Protection turns off again. I don't know if it's a 1903 bug or not. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Crizal, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING.   VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE [​IMG]

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

APC's July issue is on sale now!

*Smile WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING.   VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Jun 22, 2022
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE

Windows Defendere

Hi Ferds_N,

Thank you for your reply. I ran Malwarebytes as you suggested. It found some malware that Windows Defender had not detected, but it did not detect the Potentially unwanted app PUA:Win32/CandyOpen, and so could not quarantine or remove it. You did not
    respond to my question, what threat does this pose? Since this is, apparently, well known malware I thought you might be able to have some response to that query. Do you have any other suggestions for removing it.

Thank you.

S. O. Pais

SamuelPais, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE

1. WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE - Similar Threads - DEFENDERE WORKING VirTool

2. Msert and Virtool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Msert and Virtool: I have virtool win33 defender tampering restore msert says it has removed it but it is still very much there. The power shell values are false due to Kaspersky being installed. The malware always returns....
  3. MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin: My PC is infected with pernicious malware of a hacker, probably a rootkit that alters the hidden System Volume Information folder and attacks the Windows Defender system. The hacker controls my PC and makes changes to it. He also controls my android smartphone and my iPhone....
  4. MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin: My PC is infected with pernicious malware of a hacker, probably a rootkit that alters the hidden System Volume Information folder and attacks the Windows Defender system. The hacker controls my PC and makes changes to it. He also controls my android smartphone and my iPhone....
  5. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  6. windows defender tamper protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender tamper protection: Hi, i am logged into my windows 11 laptop as local adminthere is only one account set up but still can't switch off windows defender tamper protection. It says setting is managed by adminSo far i have taken following steps- updated all windows updates available and restarted-...
  7. windows defender tamper protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender tamper protection: Hi, i am logged into my windows 11 laptop as local adminthere is only one account set up but still can't switch off windows defender tamper protection. It says setting is managed by adminSo far i have taken following steps- updated all windows updates available and restarted-...
  8. Windows Defendere

Windows Defendere: I am running Windows 10, which incorporates Windows Defender. Defender has found Potentially unwanted app: PUA:Win32/CandyOpen. Windows Defender is unable to block or remove this app. A Microsoft Technician accessed my computer and spent 45 minutes trying to remove this app...
  9. Windows Defender Tamper Protection Gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Tamper Protection Gone: So you know the settings menu where you can turn on and off stuff like Cloud Protection, Real Time, and so on? Has a new update or whatever changed the menu? Tamper protection no longer is there, only Real Time, Cloud, and Sample Submission. submitted by /u/astronomygeek...
  10. Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Defender Tamper Protection/1903: Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post. Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper...