Windows 10: Windows Defender's Real-time protection prevents me from almost everything

Discus and support Windows Defender's Real-time protection prevents me from almost everything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been having a major problem with Windows Defender's Real-time protection for the past few days. When I disable it everything works perfectly, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Retruer, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows Defender's Real-time protection prevents me from almost everything

I've been having a major problem with Windows Defender's Real-time protection for the past few days. When I disable it everything works perfectly, but when it turns back on the following things occur:

-Windows becomes VERY slow and the cursor starts to lag

-Windows Sandbox crashes when I try to run it

-Can't save, edit or create any documents (Notepad, Word, etc..)

-Can't create ANY new files

-Can't download any files from the internet. (Firefox won't even open for example)

-GTA San Andreas can't run at all, if Real-time protection turns on while it's running it won't crash, but I can't save the game anymore even if I turn it off seconds later

-Source engine games will start to lag like hell

-No software or game is able to update

Some additional info: This didn't start happening after an update. My PC is completely virus/malware free, I don't use any shady programs or websites, I also have a genuine copy of Windows 10. I don't get any error codes, most programs just freeze up and crash without saying anything. I also can't find any crash dumps or crash reports, since my computer is blocked from creating new files. I tried to disable Windows Defender permanently with regedit but it still turns back on like nothing happened.

submitted by /u/Retruer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Retruer, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    real time protection in window defender

Hi,

Windows Defender is built-in to Windows 10. Turning on the Windows Defender will help to protect your PC by scanning for malware, viruses and security threats. It uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on, you can follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start Menu and choose Settings.

2. In the Setting window, select Update and Security.

3. In Update and Security -> Windows Defender
    -> Turn on Real-time protection. See screenshot below:

Windows Defender's Real-time protection prevents me from almost everything 3390f519-9968-4694-887a-f58cdef927b4.png

Regards.

Mary Sau, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows Defender's Real-time protection prevents me from almost everything

I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender's Real-time protection prevents me from almost everything

1. Windows Defender's Real-time protection prevents me from almost everything - Similar Threads - Defender's Real protection

2. Windows Defender real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender real time protection: Hello everyone,I have a problem with windows defender, I can't enable real time protection, there is message says "You are using another Antivirus provider, but I don't have and I didn't have before I don't want to use third party Antivirus I have windows 11 , I have...
  3. Windows Defender real time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender real time protection: Hello everyone,I have a problem with windows defender, I can't enable real time protection, there is message says "You are using another Antivirus provider, but I don't have and I didn't have before I don't want to use third party Antivirus I have windows 11 , I have...
  4. Microsoft defender real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender real time protection: I'm not using any other antivirus program but windows sees something and ıt's blocking defender realtime protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-real-time-protection/e0b61079-a7e9-4f10-b8c6-f638de94e405
  5. Problem with Windows Defender Real-Time Protection

Problem with Windows Defender Real-Time Protection: [ATTACH] I have problem with windows defender real-time. What am I supposed to do with this? [Original Title: sfc scan result translation into human language]...
  6. Real time protection of windows defender

Real time protection of windows defender: Due to some reason I can't turn off my windows security real time protection. But i used to do that pretty easily sometime back. [ATTACH] I am currently logged in as administrator. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows defender Real time protection

Windows defender Real time protection: error 0×800704ec shows and my real time protection is disabled(in windows defender) even tough i have enabled it in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-real-time-protection/eeb47dbb-bfab-4278-97c2-97a9596e4f24
  8. windows defender real time protection

windows defender real time protection: every time I try to turn on my real time protection a message comes up saying, for your protection some settings are managed by your security administrator. who is the security administrator and how do I fix this?...
  9. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...
  10. Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender

Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that if I disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender, when I reboot the system, this protection comes back on automatically. Why? So, how do I prevent this? Thanks Bye 33201