Windows 10: Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working

Discus and support Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows Defender's Real-time virus protection is not working on my pc. It is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tamojeet, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Tamojeet Win User

Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working

Windows Defender's Real-time virus protection is not working on my pc. It is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help me out. I have tried every possible way but not a single one is working out for me.Current status of Windows Defender :

:)

Tamojeet, Mar 23, 2023
  2. GRounds7 Win User

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I'm using windows defender on a machine running windows 10. I recently had malware direct me to the site security -qh22.stream/page/01234567... During the process of dealing with this I noticed my firewalls had been turned off and the defender virus
    real time protection was turned off. the firewalls were able to be turned back on, but the real time protection does not. The free Mcafee Security Suite that came with the computer recently ended, and is off the machine or the taskbars where its icon used
    to appear. Any, advice on how to turn on the real time virus protection? Also any informtion about the web address listed above would be appreciated.

GRounds7, Mar 23, 2023
  3. David Haz Win User
    Defender will only do periodic scanning, no real time protection

Hello,

This issue may happen if other security software, such as antivirus, anti-spyware, or anti-malware programs, are fully or partially installed on the computer. Windows Defender automatically turns off if you install another antivirus app.

Let us uncheck security messages for Virus Protection and Spyware, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, then select Control Panel.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • Click the Change Security and Maintenance Settings.
    • Uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection and Virus Protection.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the device for the changes to take effect.
    After the device restarted, make a full system scan using Windows defender.

To turn on real-time protection, do the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security > Windows Defender.
    • Turn on Real-time protection.

Update us on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working - Similar Threads - Defender's Real virus

2. Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working: Windows Defender's Real-time virus protection is not working on my pc. It is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help me out. I have...
  3. Windows Defender real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender real time protection: Hello everyone,I have a problem with windows defender, I can't enable real time protection, there is message says "You are using another Antivirus provider, but I don't have and I didn't have before I don't want to use third party Antivirus I have windows 11 , I have...
  4. Windows Defender real time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender real time protection: Hello everyone,I have a problem with windows defender, I can't enable real time protection, there is message says "You are using another Antivirus provider, but I don't have and I didn't have before I don't want to use third party Antivirus I have windows 11 , I have...
  5. Microsoft defender real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender real time protection: I'm not using any other antivirus program but windows sees something and ıt's blocking defender realtime protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-real-time-protection/e0b61079-a7e9-4f10-b8c6-f638de94e405
  6. Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection

Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection: hello, I can't seem to turn on the real-time protection in my windows defender as it says, you're using other antivirus providers. the button is grayed out from turning it on. I have Malwarebytes free installed and I want to ask if I could turn on Malwarebytes and defender at...
  7. Real time protection of windows defender

Real time protection of windows defender: Due to some reason I can't turn off my windows security real time protection. But i used to do that pretty easily sometime back. [ATTACH] I am currently logged in as administrator. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows defender Real time protection

Windows defender Real time protection: error 0×800704ec shows and my real time protection is disabled(in windows defender) even tough i have enabled it in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-real-time-protection/eeb47dbb-bfab-4278-97c2-97a9596e4f24
  9. windows defender real time protection

windows defender real time protection: every time I try to turn on my real time protection a message comes up saying, for your protection some settings are managed by your security administrator. who is the security administrator and how do I fix this?...
  10. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...