Windows 10: Windows Defending scanning

Discus and support Windows Defending scanning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dssds1, May 18, 2022.

1. dssds1 Win User

Windows Defending scanning

When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a "custom scan" with Archive scanning enabled "set-MPPreference DisableArchiveScanning 0'So it went though custom scan all night, but afterwards I was presented with this: share was mountedI then tested this, and it seems you DO NOT mount the share, the results are different:Note: I was scanning different folder in this

:)

dssds1, May 18, 2022

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 18, 2022
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, May 18, 2022
  4. avemaria Win User

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, May 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Defending scanning - Similar Threads - Defending scanning

2. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  3. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  4. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  6. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  7. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-one-see-the-result-of-scanning-with/8c7d8679-58ba-4368-bc31-71fcb6298fb7
  9. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-one-see-the-result-of-scanning-with/8c7d8679-58ba-4368-bc31-71fcb6298fb7
  10. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?