Windows 10: Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020

Discus and support Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 version updates no longer happen daily on my desktop, but they do still update on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveAndrew1, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 version updates no longer happen daily on my desktop, but they do still update on my laptop with the same windows installed.

Whats up with Microsoft and the lack of customer care in the past year?

:)

DaveAndrew1, Jan 23, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 23, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 8.1 Update 1 Leaked

Ahead of its anticipated mid-March launch, the Update 1 package of Windows 8.1 was leaked to the web. Not very different in definition to a service pack, Update 1 adds a host of features and under-the-hood changes to Windows 8.1. When updated, it should change the version string of your Windows 8.1 installation to look something along the lines of "6.3.9600.17031.WINBLUE_GDR.140221-1952." You'll notice how it's formatted similar to those of Microsoft's Windows Phone operating systems. NGOHQ.com hosts a repository of the Microsoft Update (*.msu) files that must be applied in sequence, to update your Windows 8.1 installation. If you're not sure, wait out till the update is formally out, and Windows Update will update the operating system with close to zero user intervention.

Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020 32a_thm.jpg

Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020 32b_thm.jpg

Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020 32c_thm.jpg

Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020 32d_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: Windows 8.1 Update 1 MSU files

btarunr, Jan 23, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020

1. Windows Definition Updates Quit Updating after 1/10/2020 - Similar Threads - Definition Updates Quit

2. Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quit working after Windows 10 update: About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I ordered a Xonar SE sound card and installed it. With both units the Device Manager discovered them but in the Sound settings it...
  3. No Audio after November 1, 2020 Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio after November 1, 2020 Updates: HP Pavillion 500 PC, using Windows 10 No audio after November, 2020 updates: There were 53 updates installed for MS Office Professional Plus 2007 and 2 security updates. After these updates, there was no audio, audio was fine just prior to the updates. Sorry for the...
  4. Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update: Hi. Just gone to the update screen and got the message that my machine isn't ready for the new update. I'm a stickler for keeping things up to date, drivers etc. and making sure nothing is running that doesn't need to be. It's a modern PC so that's not the issue. Is this more...
  5. Windows 10 update 3/1/2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 3/1/2020: The latest update caused my computer not to work. After I log in its a black screen with a cursor and a small window that says personalized settings. That's it. If someone has information about this that would be great. Right now I'm trying to reset Windows and keep my...
  6. Autoscrolling issue after 1/15/2020 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoscrolling issue after 1/15/2020 update: It's NOT my mouse or keyboard. I can't use a few different programs on my computer now because it automatically scrolls vertically or horizontally. I can't even uninstall the latest update, because on that page, the uninstall link is at the TOP of the page and it auto...
  7. Windows Quit Updating

Windows Quit Updating: My computer won't update anymore. Its last update was 11-17-2019. I manually queued the "check for updates" today and it ran for approx. half an hour and never did anything. I queued the windows update trouble shooter and it did the same thing. It just runs continuously never...
  8. Critical Update 1/15/2020?

Critical Update 1/15/2020?: I received a pop-up in Windows gold Box saying that I needed to restart my computer for the latest critical update for Windows. Now I cannot boot from my recovery usb. It does not repair anything. From the list of restore points, one was listed as a critical update today. I...
  9. Windows 10 1/14/2020 Update Question

Windows 10 1/14/2020 Update Question: Hello all, I'm updating ASAP because of the whole exploit thing. My question is, How many update programs came with today's patch? I'm checking here so I make sure none of the malicious programs disguised as updates got onto my PC. Checking my update history, I had one...
  10. Windows 10 error 0x8007003B after Definition Update on 1/7/2020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 error 0x8007003B after Definition Update on 1/7/2020: I'm getting an error 0x8007003B when copying any files to networked drives that previously had no issues. Even on very small files <MB explorer will freeze on transfer, and show this error, but the file will eventually transfer. this makes moving files very slow and its...