Windows 10: Windows delete all my text and folders

Discus and support Windows delete all my text and folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One day out of blue my text files and folders on my desktop disappear and I am unable to find them. Also, I am unable to access some of my file as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Starch, May 2, 2020.

1. Starch Win User

Windows delete all my text and folders

One day out of blue my text files and folders on my desktop disappear and I am unable to find them. Also, I am unable to access some of my file as the computer said I do find access to files.

Version 1809 (OS Build 17763. 1158)

DxDiag.txt

:)

Starch, May 2, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows delete all my text and folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows delete all my text and folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 2, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows delete all my text and folders ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 2, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows delete all my text and folders - Similar Threads - delete text folders

2. Delete all file and folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all file and folders in OneDrive: I have made several changes to the devices on my network and my OneDrive is now in a confused mess.I would like to remove all files and folders and remove all syncing, effectively restoring OneDrive to the as installed condition.How can I do this?...
  3. All my folders are getting deleted please help.

All my folders are getting deleted please help.: Whenever i restart my computer it opens it as if it was a new account. I cant remember what update this started in but I know many people have had this problem. I've done some methods like deleting the most recent update file but it didn't work. I don't even care about the...
  4. All files and folders deleted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All files and folders deleted in windows 10: I had recently downloaded dropbox, but later I uninstalled it and deleted my account because it didn't seem to help me. Today I came over its folder and thought that it would be of no use. So I deleted the folder. But when I did all my files and folders were deleted. They all...
  5. ALL FILES in my user folder DELETED

ALL FILES in my user folder DELETED: After I restarted my PC today, ALL files in my user folder are deleted, including pictures, videos, documents, desktop, music.... only the empty folder structure remains. The files are not moved to other folders on the C drive, I've looked for them. No new user profile were...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS

WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS: WINDOWS UPDATED OVERNIGHT AND ALL MY FOLDERS HAVE DISAPPEARED/DELETED PLEASE HELP NEED TO RETRIEVE THEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleting-all-my-folders/812c9b42-9337-4028-919a-28095638deef
  7. ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED

ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED: All my files and folders have been deleted on my PC and whenever I save a document, it gets deleted when I switch off the PC. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-and-folders-deleted/c18ae88f-af6d-4b28-a521-0f1168f0f6de"
  8. Deletion of text, files, folders without prompting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deletion of text, files, folders without prompting: Hello, My computer has started deleting text, files, folders without prompting. Your help in understanding how to fix this, or at least to understand what is happening, would be very much appreciated. The following are what I have noticed. Please know, the following...
  9. Windows deleted my folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows deleted my folders?: I have this habit of writing down quick notes on my desktop on an empty folder kind of to use as a sticky note. I noticed all my folders got deleted somehow this morning... Does anyone know how I can recover the folders and why they disappeared all of a sudden? 36391
  10. All my folders and files are suddenly deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    All my folders and files are suddenly deleted: Those files that got deleted were so important especially for my sister , please guys, help me , im literally crying for hours searching for the solution. I shutted down my laptop early this morning after installing programs (Utility Programs) which i know does not affect or...