Windows 10: Windows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:)

Discus and support Windows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone,just recently my computer suddenly deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk drive (D:).I just realised it when I want to open a game in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adamyuri, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Windows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:)

Hello everyone,just recently my computer suddenly deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk drive (DWindows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:) :).I just realised it when I want to open a game in my computer suddenly it said that there is no file for this program.None of important things were in my hard disk except all of my games and all my hard work progress in it (rip my persona 4 golden ,persona 3 fes and catherine progress).If there is an explanation pls help me.I don't mind if i cannot get back the file but at least i want to know the reason behind it so that I can prevent it in the future.The last task that i remembered is uninstalling certain program which is citra and ps now.I also install some iso which use an installler but i have use this website multiple times and i doubt it's the cause.Thanks for the help and im sorry for my broken english bcause its my second language.

submitted by /u/adamyuri
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/adamyuri, Oct 18, 2020

2. how to delete "disk D" recovery disk files ?

Hello Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

D: Drive is the Recovery Partition, that the Manufacturer has created, for your computer to put it back to factory settings in case of System Crash.

You can make Recovery disks from D in case of a Hard Drive failure.

Do not delete any files that are associated to recovery! Do not delete the items RECOVERY, $RECYCLE.BIN, boot,pcdr, or PRELOAD! Doing so can prevent a future system recovery from the hard drive.

I would suggest you to contact HP support before making any changes to the Partition.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Disk Clean-up showing nothing to delete from Recovery Image (DWindows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:) :)

Hi Bradley,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Clean up. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to manually delete the temporary files.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to delete the temporary files:

• Press Windows logo key + R
      key to run Run Command, type %temp%, and hit
      Enter
    • Delete all the files in the folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Prefetch and delete all the files except the
      ReadyBoot folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Temp and delete all the files.
    • Restart the computer, and now check the disk space.

We don't recommend you to delete any system default application.

Please write us back, if you still face difficulty with Disk Clean up. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:)

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:)

1. Windows deleted 80% of my files in my hard disk (D:) - Similar Threads - deleted 80% files

2. is it safe to delete this Temp file in the D disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to delete this Temp file in the D disk: i have this Temp file in the D disk, it taking a lot of space, i tried deleting the temp files by running %temp% in the RUN screen after pressind windows+R but that only cleaned up the space in C disk. is it safe to delete this file or is there any way of cleaning it upalso i...
  3. is it safe to delete this Temp file in the D disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it safe to delete this Temp file in the D disk: i have this Temp file in the D disk, it taking a lot of space, i tried deleting the temp files by running %temp% in the RUN screen after pressind windows+R but that only cleaned up the space in C disk. is it safe to delete this file or is there any way of cleaning it upalso i...
  4. is it safe to delete this Temp file in the D disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Deleted Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted Hard Disk: Good day. I have problems with my hard disk toshiba. It is not recognized by my PC even though it is connected to the device. It says "Device USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_TOSHIBA&PROD_EXTERNAL_USB_3.0&REV_0\20200911010246F&0 was deleted. Class Guid:...
  6. Deleted Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Hard Disk: Good day. I have problems with my hard disk toshiba. It is not recognized by my PC even though it is connected to the device. It says "Device USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_TOSHIBA&PROD_EXTERNAL_USB_3.0&REV_0\20200911010246F&0 was deleted. Class Guid:...
  7. hard disk drives D:

hard disk drives D:: i got pc and when i go look to hard disk my C: is full so how do i add D: because C: is the only 1 that i got on here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drives-d/903f7cfd-6fd7-44ec-af8c-5761f067c088
  8. partition D of my hard disk disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partition D of my hard disk disappeared: and it become named partition E and some files of old partition E become inseted in it. OLd partition E become partition F. I downloaded lots of tv tuner software and programs from net to find correct tv tuner software. but there s now corruption and i dont know what to do...
  9. Deleted Disk Drive D

Deleted Disk Drive D: I deleted my disk drive D when trying to merge it with drive C to increase storage space Whilst drive D was deleted, the option to expand C was unavailable. I tried doing this in Device Manager. I'm not sure what's happened and how to fix it. Google keeps telling me to...
  10. Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my files on Local Disk (D:) get deleted if i reinstall Windows 10: Hi, Is it safe to use Local Disk (D*Smile as my backup storage? i don't have an extra HDD so i want to transfer my files from (C*Smile to (D*Smile instead but i'm worried Windows might delete them if i do the reinstallation. 36200