Windows 10: Windows Deleted Files from PC & External Drive with one click - how to recover?

Discus and support Windows Deleted Files from PC & External Drive with one click - how to recover? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'll try to make this short..... Upgrading desktop from HDD's to SSD's - backing up data from PC to external drives form temporary storage. I CUT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by westwind101, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Windows Deleted Files from PC & External Drive with one click - how to recover?

I'll try to make this short.....

Upgrading desktop from HDD's to SSD's - backing up data from PC to external drives form temporary storage.

I CUT the 'Videos' folder under my user and 'Pasted' it on the External Drive NAS.

After all files were transferred to the NAS overnight I went ahead right clicked the Videos folder on the PC and clicked delete - it showed the files being deleted then suddenly removed the folder from BOTH the PC and the NAS!!!

I was confused why it did not remove the folder on the PC when it was done 'cutting', but I guess now I know.

The recycle bin is empty as well.

How do I recover? Is everything lost? What was MS thinking somehow linking this folder no matter where it is saved?!

Please ANY help is appreciated!

:)

westwind101, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows Deleted Files from PC & External Drive with one click - how to recover?

1. Windows Deleted Files from PC & External Drive with one click - how to recover? - Similar Threads - Deleted Files External

2. How to recover one drive deleted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover one drive deleted files?: I had no ideea that MY DESKTOP was on One drive, since I think is a really dumb ideea to have that as default wthout a specific consent/confirmation and when I saw some of my files in the "One Drive" folder I deleted them, since I did not want them on "cloud", just on my...
  3. How to recover one drive deleted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover one drive deleted files?: I had no ideea that MY DESKTOP was on One drive, since I think is a really dumb ideea to have that as default wthout a specific consent/confirmation and when I saw some of my files in the "One Drive" folder I deleted them, since I did not want them on "cloud", just on my...
  4. how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?: I am trying to recover information from the recycle bin on one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-files-from-one-drive-in-the/797a3b95-9a5f-4b35-811c-bfc315d9e1ec
  5. how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?: I am trying to recover information from the recycle bin on one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-files-from-one-drive-in-the/797a3b95-9a5f-4b35-811c-bfc315d9e1ec
  6. how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?

7. How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN: yesterday I deleted my onedrive files and its recycle bin by mistake and all my gallery that were in it got deleted as well . is there a way to get them back or undo the deletion I have a normal account not a Business one . it will work fine if I got my gallery back at least...
  8. How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN

How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN: yesterday I deleted my onedrive files and its recycle bin by mistake and all my gallery that were in it got deleted as well . is there a way to get them back or undo the deletion I have a normal account not a Business one . it will work fine if I got my gallery back at least...
  9. How to recover missing file from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover missing file from one drive: Hi, i have saved few files a year 10-11 months ago however it went missing. is there any way to recover it? it was not show in recycle bin either, although i did not delete it....
  10. Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?: Hello I accidentally (to free some space) deleted a .bak file from an external drive and it contained the only copy of some files I had. Is there a way to recover it?...