Windows 10: Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.

Discus and support Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just reinstalled this Saturday, files were gone on Monday after finishing windows updates. My documents folder was tiny but had tons of important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joewHEElAr, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.

I just reinstalled this Saturday, files were gone on Monday after finishing windows updates.

My documents folder was tiny but had tons of important shit in it, yet inside the windows.old folder the old windows directory is 8+ gigs.

What the fuck is going on?

submitted by /u/joewHEElAr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joewHEElAr, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 15, 2020
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.

1. Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY. - Similar Threads - deleted user folder

2. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  3. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  4. Cannot delete old one drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete old one drive folder: My current working oneDrive folder is on Drive H , there is another oneDrive folder on Drive E, it contains a 25 kb file, and is probably from a previous installation, which is doing nothing and I wish to delete it but cannot....
  5. Cannot delete old one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete old one drive folder: My current working oneDrive folder is on Drive H , there is another oneDrive folder on Drive E, it contains a 25 kb file, and is probably from a previous installation, which is doing nothing and I wish to delete it but cannot....
  6. I deleted one of my users folders.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I deleted one of my users folders.: I deleted one of my users folders and now every time I turn on my PC it show an error with this user and then it redirects me to my other users. How can I fix this issue?...
  7. deleteing an old user from my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleteing an old user from my account: I have an additional user on my laptop This is the person who i received it from If I delete it and all its data will this effect my desktop icons that I added and the pre-exsisting ones? Will this action delete any of my data?...
  8. Windows from day one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows from day one: Windows 10 OS is nothing short of data mining SPYWARE. Microsoft, The hackers ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-from-day-one/0a48b50a-e7eb-4437-99c6-b7c08da9691d
  9. Old Windows folder delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  10. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...