Windows 10: Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

Discus and support Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the last 6 months Windows has, on three or four occasions, deleted both my FILE EXPLORER 'Quick Access' folder list and 'Recent Files' list. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerry in MY, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

In the last 6 months Windows has, on three or four occasions, deleted both my FILE EXPLORER 'Quick Access' folder list and 'Recent Files' list.

Why does this happen, and how can I stop it?

It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is very frustrating - and so unnecessary.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help.

:)

Jerry in MY, Mar 22, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 22, 2021
  3. eidairaman1, Mar 22, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

95Viper, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

1. Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list - Similar Threads - deletes FILE EXPLORER

2. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  3. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  4. Windows 10 20H2-Quick Access No Longer Listed in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2-Quick Access No Longer Listed in File Explorer: After working with Microsoft support off and on for almost a month now they are telling me that Microsoft is getting rid of the Quick Access section listed under the Navigation pane. Has anyone seen this or did I get a bad technician? submitted by /u/Happy_Penguin330...
  5. Quick Access not listed in Navigation in File Explorer

Quick Access not listed in Navigation in File Explorer: [ATTACH] We have a few computers that are new. Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2. Where Quick Access is not listed in the left navigation pane and cannot be added. Only options are OneDrive, This PC, and Network....
  6. Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?

Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?: I love Quick Access, but I hate how limited the number of items it shows. Is there anyway I can increase this? All the Google hits seems to either be about getting rid of quick access, or increasing jump lists. I think increasing quick access doesn't seem like an outrageous...
  7. recent files and folders, quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  8. Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent: Hello, The recent folders have disappeared from my quick access menu. I came across some threads that explain how to restore the recent folders shortcut to the quick access menu - this worked. However, before it disappeared, there was a list of the 4 most recent folders...
  9. Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access": When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of the folders shown in Quick Access that is shown in File Explorer without having to rummage through all the folders on my three...
  10. Recent file or folders in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent file or folders in Quick Access: I have browsed through Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials However it is not clear to me, how I may keep only the normal items, but not continually add "recent" items. Sorry if this seems a stupid thread, but...