Windows 10: Windows deleting all files I try to download?

Discus and support Windows deleting all files I try to download? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new dell inspiron 15 with windows 10 installed. I have noticed that every time I try to download a file, whether it is a web form, a photo or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArabaAshun, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Windows deleting all files I try to download?

I have a new dell inspiron 15 with windows 10 installed. I have noticed that every time I try to download a file, whether it is a web form, a photo or an email attachment I get a message popping up from (pre installed) McAfee saying that it contained a virus and has been automatically deleted. I know that all these files cant possibly be infected. I have been through the issue with McAfee and they state it is a problem with Windows Defender.

Even when disabling McAfee the problem persists and I have tried using both Microsoft edge and internet explorer installed on my computer to download all the above file types. I cant try with any other browser because … the installer files contain a virus and are deleted....

Anyone know where the problem might be?

:)

ArabaAshun, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Deleting Windows 10 download BEFORE installing it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Have downloaded Windows 10 through Windows Updates?

If you have downloaded through Windows Updates, follow the below steps to delete:

All the downloaded updated would be saved in the 'Software Distribution folder'.

Step1: Stop Automatic Updates

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Search

• Type in services.msc and hit Enter.

• Double-click on Automatic Updates

• Click on Stop

Step 2: Delete the downloaded file

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Sesarch

• Type in %windir%\SoftwareDistribution

• Open the Download folder and delete its contents

Step 3: If you have downloaded the .ISO file follow the below steps

a) Click Windows + C on the
    keyboard.

b) Click on Download
    folder in the left pane.

c) Now you may delete the files.

You may refer the link for additional information:

Delete files using Disk Cleanup

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/delete-files-disk-cleanup

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Windows deleting all files I try to download?

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows deleting all files I try to download?

1. Windows deleting all files I try to download? - Similar Threads - deleting files try

2. Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?: I don't know what happened, but I was just checking to look for something in my downloads folder and a notification popped up saying something along the lines of the folder being unavailable. I have some seriously important files in downloads so I went looking through the web...
  3. Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?: I don't know what happened, but I was just checking to look for something in my downloads folder and a notification popped up saying something along the lines of the folder being unavailable. I have some seriously important files in downloads so I went looking through the web...
  4. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder: HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!...
  5. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder: HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!...
  6. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 keeps deleting all downloads and even files I unzip

Windows 10 keeps deleting all downloads and even files I unzip: I am attempting to install iRoot so I can root my cell phone. Instead of treating me like an adult, like my linux install does, your ridiculous OS deletes everything the moment I download or extract the program. I do not need YOU too nanny me. It's my damn computer, I want to...
  8. Can I delete all of these files?

Can I delete all of these files?: They don't take up much space but it's annoying. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-all-of-these-files/38d34d35-cd3d-4bfd-96c1-63155d6843a9
  9. I accidentally Downloaded a Trojan file but I deleted all of its contents after windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally Downloaded a Trojan file but I deleted all of its contents after windows...: I scanned it immediately so the file was only on my pc for like 20 minutes to an hour and I never opened the “game” so is it gone? submitted by /u/stinkyfart23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4aega/i_accidentally_downloaded_a_trojan_file_but_i/
  10. So I deleted all of my downloads

So I deleted all of my downloads: A popup appeared telling me I had no space on my computer and said I had to clear some space, I pressed on it and it took me to settings and I clicked on delete temporary files and it didn't show downloads or anything just somethingslike windows update files and stuff, then i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows deleting every file i download

2. windows deleting all files