Windows 10: Windows deleting files

Discus and support Windows deleting files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I use windows 10 on my laptop. All of a sudden it has started every file I try to open. I have lost an entire folder because of this issue. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanishAman, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Windows deleting files

Hey,

I use windows 10 on my laptop. All of a sudden it has started every file I try to open. I have lost an entire folder because of this issue. When I open my desktop files it says that window is unable to find these files. Please suggest a solution as I am unable to use my laptop now.

:)

DanishAman, Aug 6, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows deleting files ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows deleting files

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows deleting files

1. Windows deleting files - Similar Threads - deleting files

2. Why is my HDD access hanging randomly when opening folders, renaming, and deleting files on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my HDD access hanging randomly when opening folders, renaming, and deleting files on...: This is so frustrating. I have a new system I installed a HDD to save my documents on. It takes up to 15 seconds just to see the contents of a folder or when renaming files.I turned OFF indexing on the drive and THAT seems to speed things up.Therefore: Microsoft, FIX YOUR...
  3. Why is my HDD access hanging randomly when opening folders, renaming, and deleting files on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my HDD access hanging randomly when opening folders, renaming, and deleting files on...: This is so frustrating. I have a new system I installed a HDD to save my documents on. It takes up to 15 seconds just to see the contents of a folder or when renaming files.I turned OFF indexing on the drive and THAT seems to speed things up.Therefore: Microsoft, FIX YOUR...
  4. How to fix Windows 11 File Copy/Paste/Delete Progress Bar Not Going Away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows 11 File Copy/Paste/Delete Progress Bar Not Going Away?: I've been having this bug since upgrading to Win11. This never occurred on Win10. Anytime I move, copy, paste, delete, zip or unzip a file, do anything that makes the progress bar show up, the percentage of completion will stay on my screen until I restart Explorer. I can...
  5. How to fix Windows 11 File Copy/Paste/Delete Progress Bar Not Going Away?

How to fix Windows 11 File Copy/Paste/Delete Progress Bar Not Going Away?: I've been having this bug since upgrading to Win11. This never occurred on Win10. Anytime I move, copy, paste, delete, zip or unzip a file, do anything that makes the progress bar show up, the percentage of completion will stay on my screen until I restart Explorer. I can...
  6. Unable to delete just one file, or move, or rename.

Unable to delete just one file, or move, or rename.: Hi. I am unable to delete a file in my File explorer. The file is noted as a TXT file. I am also unable to change the name. The file name is very long, as a matter of fact, it was all of the text that I copy and pasted into a Text document, This in the only file that will not...
  7. Unable to delete just one file, or move, or rename.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete just one file, or move, or rename.: Hi. I am unable to delete a file in my File explorer. The file is noted as a TXT file. I am also unable to change the name. The file name is very long, as a matter of fact, it was all of the text that I copy and pasted into a Text document, This in the only file that will not...
  8. Unable to delete just one file, or move, or rename.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. System restore failed while deleting the following file/directory. Path:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore failed while deleting the following file/directory. Path:...: I accidentally deleted >2GB worth of files that I thought were backups, which deleted the download files.I have tried many times in vain when using System restoring. I keep getting the following messages after restoring failed.Also I have received this error: Please I ask for...
  10. System restore failed while deleting the following file/directory. Path:...

System restore failed while deleting the following file/directory. Path:...: I accidentally deleted >2GB worth of files that I thought were backups, which deleted the download files.I have tried many times in vain when using System restoring. I keep getting the following messages after restoring failed.Also I have received this error: Please I ask for...