Windows 10: windows deleting settings and files

Discus and support windows deleting settings and files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my windows 10 deletes all my files and settings every time I turn it on / it takes about 15 minutes to start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adamberner, Mar 19, 2020.

1. windows deleting settings and files

my windows 10 deletes all my files and settings every time I turn it on / it takes about 15 minutes to start up

:)

adamberner, Mar 19, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows deleting settings and files ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 19, 2020
  4. xman2007 Win User

windows deleting settings and files

Cannot delete files in Temp

im quite sure none of them are spyware perflib perfdata is just a temp file created by windows (or maybe a program you have installed) ive had the same thing and after a while of googling found them to be harmless i think they will dissapear on there own or you can delete them when there no longer needed by the system, try a washer program and see if that gets rid of them, i used to use a trial version of window washer but havent used this in a while so dont know weather they still do a trial or wether it comes with any kind of spyware as its a trial. but a washing program usually cleans everything if its a good one.

also try booting into safemode as administrator and deleting the files.

xman2007, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

windows deleting settings and files

1. windows deleting settings and files - Similar Threads - deleting settings files

2. Deleting windows files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows files: I permanently deleted my windows files, I am now currently stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot get out of it no matter what I do; I tried a lot of YouTube videos, websites, and literally every option on the automatic repairing screen. I don’t have any...
  3. Deleting windows files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting windows files: I permanently deleted my windows files, I am now currently stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot get out of it no matter what I do; I tried a lot of YouTube videos, websites, and literally every option on the automatic repairing screen. I don’t have any...
  4. Deleting windows files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows files: I deleted my windows file and now I am stuck on the automatic repairing screen, I tried the commands, restarting, deleting everything, and a lot of YouTube videos and none seemed to work. I don’t have anything that can restore it, I need help asap. Everything I do always...
  5. Deleting windows files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting windows files: I deleted my windows file and now I am stuck on the automatic repairing screen, I tried the commands, restarting, deleting everything, and a lot of YouTube videos and none seemed to work. I don’t have anything that can restore it, I need help asap. Everything I do always...
  6. Windows Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Deleted Files: I was going through my computer when I opened a app and a windows pop-up showed up. I looked at it and it said "threat.xyz" or something like that, and it asked to delete it. I clicked delete, not knowing it was a file that I needed in order to run the app I had just opened....
  7. Deleting windows file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting windows file.: I put another copy of windows 10 on my SSD and booted off of that, so I have 2 windows on my pc and trying to get rid of the windows off the old drive. How do I remove it? submitted by /u/MelonASE [link] [comments]...
  8. Settings deleted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings deleted?: Been having some problems with a new GPU causing my PC to shut off after about 20 minutes. After about 9 attempts now, my computer decided to stay on, but settings doesnt exist anymore and the search bar is just an aesthetic at this point. By not exist, I mean an error comes...
  9. Windows deleting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows deleting files: Hey, I use windows 10 on my laptop. All of a sudden it has started every file I try to open. I have lost an entire folder because of this issue. When I open my desktop files it says that window is unable to find these files. Please suggest a solution as I am unable to use my...
  10. Temporary files in settings not deleting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary files in settings not deleting: In settings I have a large temporary files allocation which says I can delete, I click and it says "We're cleaning up your temporary files.Come back In a bit to checkout the results." I have left it for hours and there is no change. They are taking up a lot of room. 26992