Windows 10: Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker

Discus and support Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I'm using WDS Version: 6.2.9200.16384 in a 2016 domain. I would like to deploy Windows 10 with Bit locker enabled. I've read some long... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Birdman_Engineer, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker

Hello

I'm using WDS Version: 6.2.9200.16384 in a 2016 domain. I would like to deploy Windows 10 with Bit locker enabled. I've read some long complicated articles about the subject and was wondering if somebody had a simpler way? I understand TPM must be enabled. So, it there an easy way to include or enable Bit locker during or after the image is deployed? If it's simpler to enable this after the deployment, that is fine too.

Thanks for your brain power.

RSC

:)

Birdman_Engineer, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

Kari, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Office 365 Centralized Deployment service

Read more: Announcing general availability of the Office 365 Centralized Deployment service - Office Blogs

Brink, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker

Automatic deploy of Bitlocker

Hello everybody,

I want to deploy BitLocker for all my company laptop and make it run automatically without enabling the BitLocker manually in each laptop

I have about 400 users...

I already did the GPO and I can see the BitLocker recovery key when I manually enable a BitLocker on my device which is part of the BitLocker GPO

I don't have license for MBAM 2.5, I also have SCCM 2012

please help me...

Joseph .

Yossi vizel, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker

1. Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Deployment Service Deploy

2. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images, an OS image and a data image, across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  3. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  4. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  5. Deploy windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deploy windows: How do I deploy windows 10 enterprise using light/zero touch to 125 systems i want to upgrade which are running Windows 7 Enterprise, running Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8.1 Professional ? I,ve got 25 systems that are not operational yet and I would be performing clean...
  6. Deploy windows

Deploy windows: How do I deploy windows 10 enterprise using light/zero touch to 125 systems i want to upgrade which are running Windows 7 Enterprise, running Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8.1 Professional ? I,ve got 25 systems that are not operational yet and I would be performing clean...
  7. Deploy windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deployment: We're a computer retailer and would like to find out if we can preinstall OS to customer's new computer without selling the OS itself so just the hardware. I've tried to find any official statements but not much luck at all, any guidance will be appreciated thanks in advance....
  9. Windows deployment

Windows deployment: We're a computer retailer and would like to find out if we can preinstall OS to customer's new computer without selling the OS itself so just the hardware. I've tried to find any official statements but not much luck at all, any guidance will be appreciated thanks in advance....
  10. BitLocker Deployment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Deployment: Hi,What is the easiest way to deploy BitLocker to multiple PCs. I don't have SCCM or other central management system. But I don't want to have to go to every workstation about 300 and manually turn on BitLocker.Thanks,Scott...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker windows10 wds

2. migrate windows bitlocker across tenants

3. wds bitlocker