Windows 10: Windows deployment

Discus and support Windows deployment in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We're a computer retailer and would like to find out if we can preinstall OS to customer's new computer without selling the OS itself so just the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimChan1234, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Windows deployment

We're a computer retailer and would like to find out if we can preinstall OS to customer's new computer without selling the OS itself so just the hardware. I've tried to find any official statements but not much luck at all, any guidance will be appreciated thanks in advance. Tim C.

:)

TimChan1234, Jun 10, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

3. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

Dear All,

We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch.

1. What are the requirement?
    2. How to setup BitLocker management server?
    3. What are the per-cautions and best practices?
    Thanks in well advance for brief guide.

Best Regards

Faisal

Faisal_Raza, Jun 10, 2022
  4. Windows deployment

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows deployment

1. Windows deployment - Similar Threads - deployment

2. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  4. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows deployment with WCD and ppkg file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deployment with WCD and ppkg file: Hello, I've tried to use Windows Configuration Designer to create an installation package for new laptopsIt works fine, sets up local administrator, wi-fi password and computer name, but when it comes to installing apps, it just doesn't do that. I tried each app install...
  6. Windows deployment with WCD and ppkg file

Windows deployment with WCD and ppkg file: Hello, I've tried to use Windows Configuration Designer to create an installation package for new laptopsIt works fine, sets up local administrator, wi-fi password and computer name, but when it comes to installing apps, it just doesn't do that. I tried each app install...
  7. Windows deployment with WCD and ppkg file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is there any update on windows 12 as if when it will be deployed to the public officially.?.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any update on windows 12 as if when it will be deployed to the public officially.?.: Is there any trustworthy update on windows 12 release when will it be deployed to general public and when can we expect to use it...? There are many sources on the web saying rhetorically about windows 12 but none can be trust worthy. I would honestly be glad and appreciated...
  9. Is there any update on windows 12 as if when it will be deployed to the public officially.?.

Is there any update on windows 12 as if when it will be deployed to the public officially.?.: Is there any trustworthy update on windows 12 release when will it be deployed to general public and when can we expect to use it...? There are many sources on the web saying rhetorically about windows 12 but none can be trust worthy. I would honestly be glad and appreciated...
  10. Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile: Hello,I have an on-premises AD setup. Intune Connector and Azure AD Connectors are configured and functioning correctly. My requirement is to configure auto-pilot with an Entra Join Profile, enabling users to log in via Entra AD. After-login, users should be able to ping...