Windows 10: Windows desktop All in one touchscreen now cannot boot - sticks BEFORE login with a halted...

Discus and support Windows desktop All in one touchscreen now cannot boot - sticks BEFORE login with a halted... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Latest I have rebooted into repair - same outcome I have gone to latest Backup point 4 days ago - same outcome I have reverted to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by laogui, Jun 10, 2020.

1. laogui Win User

Windows desktop All in one touchscreen now cannot boot - sticks BEFORE login with a halted...

Latest

I have rebooted into repair - same outcome

I have gone to latest Backup point 4 days ago - same outcome

I have reverted to a Backup/Restore point from 05/19 - same outcome

I have disconnected all external devices

I have managed to get into Safe mode without Networking and backed up any files to a 5TB external USB3

Some symptoms - on occasions high CPU 30% on System Interrupts.
    These last few days EXTREMELY slow response. CTRL-ALT-DEL may take 3 minutes to open the task manager

Disk shows no problems.

Questions:
    Is there anything I can look for in Eventvwr?
    How can I identify the likely hardware problem.

I run a lot of applications, but this occurs before the login screen appears -

I just see the Lenove white and black screen and the halted circling dots...

Next I'll try selective Windows re-install retaining files, then finally full USB reinstall from USB

:)

laogui, Jun 10, 2020
  2. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Desktop not booting :/

As suggested earlier, pull one stick; boot. Replace the stick and pull the other, boot. Post results.

satindemon4u, Jun 10, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows desktop All in one touchscreen now cannot boot - sticks BEFORE login with a halted...

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows desktop All in one touchscreen now cannot boot - sticks BEFORE login with a halted... - Similar Threads - desktop touchscreen cannot

2. Windows 11 - Desktop Specific Halt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Desktop Specific Halt: Hello,I have been having this repeating problem with my desktop, and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same or had a solution. Sometimes when clicking / dragging on my desktop, my cursor changes to the blue spinning circle and won't turn back until I restart...
  3. Windows 11 - Desktop Specific Halt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Desktop Specific Halt: Hello,I have been having this repeating problem with my desktop, and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same or had a solution. Sometimes when clicking / dragging on my desktop, my cursor changes to the blue spinning circle and won't turn back until I restart...
  4. Cannot Login at all

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Login at all: I am unable to login to my microsoft store for a while now and it is making me angry. I've tried all I could but it keeps giving me the same two errors of either I need internet even though I am connected or that I need to reset my password. Skype works and my xbox works so...
  5. Windows will not boot at all now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not boot at all now: No operating system found. After turning off the computer during an install for windows 10 from windows 7. The circle for the computer is working was going for 3 days and the power went out. So the computer went off....
  6. Windows will not boot at all now

Windows will not boot at all now: When windows 10 update did not work I was to late to return it to W 7. So I asked it to re install windows and when it said 99% for 2 days it shut off and now won't boot at all. What can I do? Can I make a CD to boot the computer off of my other computer?...
  7. Cannot boot to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot to login: So all I get is the black screen and rotating dots. Simple issue I've had before Only this time instead of taking me to the diagnostics page where I can repair it, it just says "preparing automatic repair" goes black and puts me back on the black screen with rotating dots....
  8. Fresh install of Win10 on Samsung All In One now touchscreen disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh install of Win10 on Samsung All In One now touchscreen disabled: I have a Samsung DP700A3D-A01US all in one that was extremely sluggish. It was a Win8 PC that I had previously upgraded to Win 10. I finally could not take the freezing and waiting and decided to do a fresh install of Win 10. The fresh install is performing much better,...
  9. slow boot with black screen halt one minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot with black screen halt one minutes: i have a laptop with 1 gb graphics card of amd and recently i have installed windows 10 pro. when i boot the pc then windows logo comes and a circle revolves for few seconds( which is general) but after that a black screen comes for almost one minute with no response and then...
  10. All in one USB Stick

All in one USB Stick: Hi, Is there anyway to create a all in one install USB stick using the media creation tool. I have 2 pc's running windows 10 Pro and a laptop running windows 10 Home . It just saves me having to have 2 separate install USB Sticks. I have seen torrents available but I'd...