Windows 10: windows desktop background is turning black

Discus and support windows desktop background is turning black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DAGRGAMER, Jan 18, 2021.

1. DAGRGAMER Win User

windows desktop background is turning black

recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows defender but nothing was detected, I tried a bunch of things to fix it but then it turned out that my GeForce Experience drivers were out of date and when I updated them it fixed, it went like around a week without turning black again, but then like around 1 or 2 days ago I was on my computer and I opened OBS and my computer did a bit of a freeze and the whole background turned black and I got worried that the problem was back, so I reset my PC and it didn't come back, but then again today all of a sudden my computer froze a bit I opened Chrome and went on YouTube right after my PC booted up and my Discord and Spotify were opening up so I guess that's why and the whole background turned black again, I'm worried that this is result of a virus but I'm super paranoid about viruses so I don't download things that I don't know I just want to know if this is a simple bug and it coincidentally happened twice, previously on this computer it happened maybe like 2 or three times in like 4 or 5 months so I assumed it was just a bug then I fully reset my PC but after the reset it's happened like 2 or 3 times before the incident where it kept coming back, then it kept coming back so I updated my graphics card drivers and now it happened twice in the span of 2 or 3 days but it's freezing a bit and turning the whole desktop background black, I heard this is very common and to my knowledge probably not a result of a virus but I just want to get a professional opinion because I'm not very good with these things

:)

DAGRGAMER, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jan 18, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Problem with desktop background changing

Hi, I don't know which fixes you've tried - usually that means people suggesting things leading to the response 'tried it, it doesn't work'.

Anyway...
    Make sure this isn't set:
    Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Try the equivalent of
    Black Desktop Background Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Make sure sync isn't affecting it (option 5)
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

See
    Fix Desktop turns black in Windows 10 - Winaero

Do you have any 3rd party wallpaper change program?

Do you have a theme with black wallpaper that might be being applied?

dalchina, Jan 18, 2021
  4. windows desktop background is turning black

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

windows desktop background is turning black

1. windows desktop background is turning black - Similar Threads - desktop background turning

2. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  3. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  4. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 background randomly turns black

Windows 10 background randomly turns black: For about a month now, desktop background on my Windows 10 has been randomly turning black. I have no clue what why this happens and figured out that User Account Control window and enabling/disabling desktop icons I use this quite often almost always turn my background...
  6. desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop turns black: I have this problem lately where my desktop just turns black a while....I also when this happens unable to move my mouse cursor. But strange thing is the windows i have open just show....even when video playing in it, the video keeps playing, i cannot do anything though,...
  7. Windows desktop turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows desktop turns black: Hi, I'm re asking this question because the previous one I posted didn't get a response, my desktop background keeps going black, when I hover over an icon it turns black, or sometimes the whole thing goes black, in the past this has only happened one or two times randomly...
  8. My desktop background keeps turning black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop background keeps turning black: I've been having this problem for like a month now, my desktop background kept turning black, it did that for a week, for example every time I hovered over an icon it turned black, or sometimes the whole thing would just go back, then I updated my GeForce experience drivers...
  9. Icons and Background turn black?

Icons and Background turn black?: I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an icon, it turns black. If I highlight my desktop, that turns black too. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?...
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640