Windows 10: Windows desktop background settings being reset every reboot

Discus and support Windows desktop background settings being reset every reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use the slideshow and fill option for my background. Works fine until i reboot, then it goes back to picture and tile. This is happening on 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/revelstone77, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows desktop background settings being reset every reboot

I use the slideshow and fill option for my background. Works fine until i reboot, then it goes back to picture and tile. This is happening on 4 different computers. Driving me nuts. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/revelstone77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/revelstone77, May 19, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 19, 2020
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 19, 2020
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Windows desktop background settings being reset every reboot

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows desktop background settings being reset every reboot

1. Windows desktop background settings being reset every reboot - Similar Threads - desktop background settings

2. Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.: Why is my desktop background, a personal picture, missing upon every startup? It's always just the background color, no picture. I've checked syncing issues, it's not that....
  3. Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop image keeps being reset on startup to background color.: Why is my desktop background, a personal picture, missing upon every startup? It's always just the background color, no picture. I've checked syncing issues, it's not that....
  4. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings change every reboot: Hello everyone,so I have the problem that every single time I start my PC, the setting "show window content while dragging" gets disabled for some reason. Every single time I re-enable it and I dont know why it does it. It is really annoying and I hope you can help me fix...
  5. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings change every reboot: Hello everyone,so I have the problem that every single time I start my PC, the setting "show window content while dragging" gets disabled for some reason. Every single time I re-enable it and I dont know why it does it. It is really annoying and I hope you can help me fix...
  6. Settings change every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop background are not sync with in settings.

Desktop background are not sync with in settings.: I set a new background theme and I realized that the picture is not in sync. Say the picture in my settings is B, while the picture on my desktop is A. I'll give pictures so that you can understand it better.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, my desktop picture is...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop background settings

Windows 10 Desktop background settings: In Windows 10, how can I find the file location for the photos in the desktop background slideshow? (They are my photos, not the ones that came with the computer.)...
  9. background settings change on reboot

background settings change on reboot: I have an HP laptop Windows 10 with all of the drivers updated. Desktop personalization background is set to picture fit to screen. everytime I reboot the setting reverts to background solid color. How do I stop this?...
  10. My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.: Under Settings > Personalization > Background, I have "Slideshow" selected. I have it set to Change Picture every "6 hours". But in actuality, the background is changing every hour. (In case it is needed, Shuffle is ON, and Allow Slideshow when on battery power is OFF.)...