Windows 10: Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep

Discus and support Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever my computer goes to sleep, the icons and applications all move to my main monitor but not on shutdowns and restarts. I want to keep the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelKim8, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep

Whenever my computer goes to sleep, the icons and applications all move to my main monitor but not on shutdowns and restarts. I want to keep the main monitor the same and I shouldn't have to make compromises with my own computer the main has is larger, a better refresh rate, different brand, and connecting cables. My computer is running the latest version of windows and AMD software, and I've run SFC. The icons were working never got the applications to work before, an update I'm guessing, and now it doesn't. This is very annoying and if anyone has anything that has experienced my problem or has any suggestions

:)

MichaelKim8, Oct 31, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep

1. Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Applications

2. Desktop icons moving after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons moving after update: Hello everyone. Recently updated my PC. Was one of the updates that says update and shutdown when powering off the PC. When I restarted the PC. All of my icons are bunched up in the corner all stacked up on each other. I cannot move them to where I want them on the desktop. I...
  3. Icons moving on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving on desktop.: Hello, few days ago I started having problems with icons on Desktop. They are moving to secondary monitor when i turn monitors into extended mode, half stay on main monitor and second half is going to other monitor. When I switch to one monitor only they get back to thier...
  4. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Moving: Every time I restart my computer, half of my desktop icons move over to my second monitor. I cannot figure out why. I've googled solutions which don't work. Both of my monitors are set to their recommended resolutions, auto arrange icons is off, and align icons to grid is on....
  5. taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up

taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up: Hello I see a couple of old posts related to moving icons on desktop. Until a few months ago everything was stable on my desktop Windows 10, latest updates. But recently the TaskMgr icon is moving left every time I put computer to sleep and wake it up. It moves from bottom...
  6. Desktop icons moving after reboot

Desktop icons moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  7. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Moving: I have files and shortcuts that run down the left side and across the top of my screen that I keep for easy access. Whenever I save a new file to the desktop it goes to the upper left corner and moves things. I've done the usual uncheck auto arrange and align to grid checks,...
  8. desktop icons moving after restart

desktop icons moving after restart: desktop icons are rearranging themselves randomlybut to same positions every time i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-moving-after-restart/0e6ee6a3-a3de-4675-b49d-40aa97ecbcd7
  9. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...
  10. Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help.: I have been searching the internet for a solution to this problem for over a month now and none of the solutions I have found have worked. I have two benq 27" ips panels connected using displayport 1.2. Sleep is disabled for the computer however the monitors turn off after...