Windows 10: windows desktop icons black box

Discus and support windows desktop icons black box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AyrtonSouza2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. windows desktop icons black box

everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black boxes are there again

:)

AyrtonSouza2, Oct 10, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 10, 2019
  4. windows desktop icons black box

My Windows 7 desktop has black boxes on icons

My Windows 7 desktop has little distorted black boxes that have colored pixels in them on top of my icons.

How can I fix this? I tried the thumbnails cache and that didn't work. I performed a virus scan and that didn't find anything

windows desktop icons black box 99f82791-5c85-48a7-af9f-455d5b8e64dd?upload=true.jpg
    This
    is just 2 icons as a sample but it's on all of them.

Thanks for any suggestions!

PamMcCusker, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

windows desktop icons black box

1. windows desktop icons black box - Similar Threads - desktop icons black

2. Black boxes behind icons and when dragging mouse on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black boxes behind icons and when dragging mouse on desktop: Here is the issue. This just started happening recently. Coincidentally, it started happening after the latest Nvidia driver download. Just wanted to see if anyone recognizes this issue and would know how to fix it. Specs below CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Pro...
  3. Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons: When I do a selection (click and drag) the space that I selected turns my desktop background black. When my cursor goes over an icon, a black square appears behind it. Also, when I drag an icon around on the desktop, all of the background turns black. All of this started...
  4. Desktop Icons Blacked out

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Blacked out: Hi All, I'm not sure what caused my icons to change see attached screenshot. All was well up until a few minutes ago then poof this happened. Running win 10 build 1809, Haven't installed anything in last few days, so not sure what may have caused this. Tried a refresh of the...
  5. checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?

checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?: I have noticed a checkmark box on my desktop icons - usually with a checkmark in it. What is this for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checkmark-box-on-desktop-icons-what-is-it-for/674a8c57-6897-45d4-9b3d-5f53dfb9c51f
  6. Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system

Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system: Hello, I have a brand-new system running Windows 10 from factory and from the minute it booted to the desktop I have had a bizarre bug. On the desktop I have black boxes. There are a few strange things about these boxes as well. For one, they show up perfectly in a...
  7. black box

black box: what's the black box that has appeared in the videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/black-box/fd4f2975-dec4-4c57-a7aa-53a35bb73ce4
  8. How to shrink the bounding box of desktop icons?

How to shrink the bounding box of desktop icons?: I just reimaged my office computer from Win 7 to Win 10. Most things are fine but one thing annoys me greatly: The desktop icons are embedded in an insanely wide bounding box. I.e. if I select a desktop icon it gets surrounded by a light-bluish transparent box that is at...
  9. Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black: All of my desktop shortcut icons have turned black. I first deleted my Explorer thumbnail cache and then my icon cache. I did not get the icons back to normal until after I deleted the icon cache. But after I shut down and restarted the black icons were back. I went...
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...