Windows 10: windows desktop icons black box

Discus and support windows desktop icons black box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AyrtonSouza2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. windows desktop icons black box

everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black boxes are there again

:)

AyrtonSouza2, Oct 10, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 10, 2019
  4. windows desktop icons black box

My Windows 7 desktop has black boxes on icons

My Windows 7 desktop has little distorted black boxes that have colored pixels in them on top of my icons.

How can I fix this? I tried the thumbnails cache and that didn't work. I performed a virus scan and that didn't find anything

windows desktop icons black box 99f82791-5c85-48a7-af9f-455d5b8e64dd?upload=true.jpg
    This
    is just 2 icons as a sample but it's on all of them.

Thanks for any suggestions!

PamMcCusker, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

windows desktop icons black box

1. windows desktop icons black box - Similar Threads - desktop icons black

2. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  3. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  4. Black window/box in my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black window/box in my desktop: [ATTACH] How do i fix this, its a black thing that i can expand, looks like cmd https://preview.redd.it/invyrprabkr81.png?width=320&format=png&auto=webp&s=ae021fd29f24f3d7ee13a059e85d92839f5c7cc5 submitted by /u/hiro_12093487 [link] [comments]...
  5. Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Black box on Windows 10 Desktop: Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your desktop and feeling it is covering a major portion of your desktop? Then, this is the guide for you to fix it. A small number of...
  6. Black box over icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black box over icons: Hi, I have this problem where I navigate to a folder and there are big black boxes over my icons. I've tried deleting IconCache.db in the AppData\Local folder, but it didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  7. Desktop Icons - White Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - White Box: a little white box has appeared on my desktop in my icons. When I click on an icon the box ticks but I have to tick again to open the link. Its a minor annoyance, but how do I get rid? I think it might have been something to do with winaerotweak but unsure. [img] 173497
  8. black transparent box on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    black transparent box on desktop: Hi ^^ , some people have black transparent box on desktop , and that the way i fix my problem 1-Open Geforce Experience 2-go to Settings > General 3-open IN-GAME OVERLAY 4-open Overlay settings 5-Go to HUD Layout > Set Position : OFF 6-Done *Party i Hope it help 172871
  9. Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box: Hi, I've started to have this problem for a few days now, the icons on my desktop get black except for the system apps Recycle Bin. I have tried several solutions like clearing the cache of the icons and it has worked, but whenever I turn back on the computer they return to...
  10. Black boxes behind icons and when dragging mouse on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black boxes behind icons and when dragging mouse on desktop: Here is the issue. This just started happening recently. Coincidentally, it started happening after the latest Nvidia driver download. Just wanted to see if anyone recognizes this issue and would know how to fix it. Specs below CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Pro...