Windows 10: Windows desktop not displaying anything; can’t access task manager

Discus and support Windows desktop not displaying anything; can’t access task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an older hp computer and recently upgraded to windows 10 about a week ago. Everything has been fine until now where I can no longer access any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ConnerATK, Jul 23, 2021.

1. ConnerATK Win User

Windows desktop not displaying anything; can’t access task manager

I have an older hp computer and recently upgraded to windows 10 about a week ago. Everything has been fine until now where I can no longer access any search browsers or open any apps. The taskbar still shows up and when I click the icons it acts as if it’s open but I can see nothing. Please help.

:)

ConnerATK, Jul 23, 2021
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Salsanita Win User
    Can´t display the desktop

I cannot display my desktop Windows and D doesn´t work and i don´t have a display desktop option when I go to the task bar. Think I might go back to windows 8!!

Salsanita, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Windows desktop not displaying anything; can’t access task manager

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows desktop not displaying anything; can’t access task manager

1. Windows desktop not displaying anything; can’t access task manager - Similar Threads - desktop displaying anything

2. Task manager isn't showing anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager isn't showing anything: [ATTACH] It's just been looking like this for months https://preview.redd.it/zy9l5u3h9lqa1.png?width=682&format=png&auto=webp&s=9bdb3dc8e09a00de678a7cfe31b555838fc59028 submitted by /u/DaPloopoo [link] [comments]...
  3. I can’t interact with anything on the desktop.

I can’t interact with anything on the desktop.: I accidentally unzipped a big file straight to my desktop so i used ctrl-z. Since then the task bar and desktop restart every time i click them, but other programs that are on work perfectly fine. At the bottom of task manager, Windows explorer is using 11% cpu and i can’t...
  4. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager is not showing anything.: My task manager is not showing any menu or tabs. It is just showing the active tasks. I have attached the picture. I tried several methods from this article but unfortunately, nothing worked. Kindly suggest a solution. My OS is Windows 10 Pro....
  5. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task manager is not showing anything.: My task manager is not showing any menu or tabs. It is just showing the active tasks. I have attached the picture. I tried several methods from this article but unfortunately, nothing worked. Kindly suggest a solution. My OS is Windows 10 Pro....
  6. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black login screen, can’t access anything on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black login screen, can’t access anything on desktop.: Good morning everyone. Starting this morning when i turn my laptop on, I just get a black screen. If I shake the mouse around a bit, itll show up, but nothing else will. However if i press anything on my keyboard, then type in my password like i normally would to boot up my...
  8. What’s this. I can’t move it or click it or anything. It doesn’t show up In task manager.

What’s this. I can’t move it or click it or anything. It doesn’t show up In task manager.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sisraelsen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lka13a/whats_this_i_cant_move_it_or_click_it_or_anything/
  9. task manager won't display

in Windows 10 Support
    task manager won't display: W10 v2004/OS build 19041.630 Hi all. For whatever reason, I have been encountering a rolling series of problems. It started with my mouse freezing and getting "jumpy," task manager not displaying (it "opens" minimized in the task bar but won't display), the start menu not...
  10. Unable to access anything in Windows 10 - start menu, task manager, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access anything in Windows 10 - start menu, task manager, etc.: Since yesterday, I've been unable to access start menu (windows button in keyboard, clicking on start menu or right-clicking on it). I'm not able to access task manager or services.msc - everything gives me this message: "The service cannot accept control messages at this...