Windows 10: Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked

Discus and support Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Surface Laptop 3 yr old, Windows 11, recent update prevents desktop from loading properly. Windows-L, power button and caps lock operative but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Manning UK, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked

Surface Laptop 3 yr old, Windows 11, recent update prevents desktop from loading properly. Windows-L, power button and caps lock operative but nothing else responds. Desktop background picture appears and windows taskbar *mostly* appears. Cannot restart in safe mode because of bitlocker, which I never knew I had until now, since I don't have the bitlocker key. Cannot re-install or repair because I don't have the bitlocker key. Are there any options for recovering the system and drives?

:)

David Manning UK, Mar 20, 2023
  2. michael Win User

Not able to load windows in normal mode.

Hi Guys,

This is really a different problem that I am facing, I am not able to load windows in normal mode,

Been having this problem for a few hours now and have had no success in fixing it. The problem is that the computer will load to the black windows xp page, the bars on that page will load, and then it switches off that screen and prepares to load the desktop, but never does. The screen is frozen black. I can load the computer in safe mode and safe mode with networking, but that is it. I have not seen any error messages during startup/ blue screen.

Please advise.

michael, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked

1. Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked - Similar Threads - desktop loading Surface

2. How to get out of safe mode in windows 11 after restart and update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get out of safe mode in windows 11 after restart and update?: Hello! Im new to using laptops and I suddenly found myself in this situation, so idk what to do. Ive done what internet told me to do such as "Restart the computer via the Start Menu, Exit Safe Mode Using System Configuration, Exit Safe Mode Using Advanced Startup" also tried...
  3. Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked

Windows desktop not loading on Surface Laptop Windows 11 after recent update, safe mode blocked: Surface Laptop 3 yr old, Windows 11, recent update prevents desktop from loading properly. Windows-L, power button and caps lock operative but nothing else responds. Desktop background picture appears and windows taskbar *mostly* appears. Cannot restart in safe mode because...
  4. Safe mode wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  5. Safe mode wont load

Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  6. Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.: I had previously installed a virus which i now removed however it blocked off the Windows Defender when accessing safe mode is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Masonington2 [link] [comments]...
  7. Window will only load in Safe Mode - help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window will only load in Safe Mode - help!: It would be helpful if the report actually said what the problem is. Here is what the report says: Date ‎12/‎25/‎2020 10:30 AM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event...
  8. BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode: I installed Windows 10 from USB on my lenovo laptop. Everything was fine until I updated Windows to 1909 version. While restarting OS blue screen showed up. Blue screen has been showing over and over again with error codes: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and...
  9. Block safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block safe mode: Hi, I read that editing the registry with: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System SafeModeBlockNonAdmins = 1 Will block safe mode for non admin accounts. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is this DWORD created by the user, or is...
  10. NVIDIA driver blocking Safe Mode after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA driver blocking Safe Mode after 1903 update: A few days ago, I updated both my laptop and desktop machines. The laptop was done with Windows Update Assistant and took about 3 hours. So far, it seems like a faultless update. However the desktop PC was done with Windows Update, took over 8 hours and seemed successful...