Windows 10: Windows desktop turns black

Discus and support Windows desktop turns black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm re asking this question because the previous one I posted didn't get a response, my desktop background keeps going black, when I hover over an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DAGRGAMER, Feb 12, 2021.

1. DAGRGAMER Win User

Windows desktop turns black

Hi, I'm re asking this question because the previous one I posted didn't get a response, my desktop background keeps going black, when I hover over an icon it turns black, or sometimes the whole thing goes black, in the past this has only happened one or two times randomly and it went away once I reset my PC, but then it kept coming back and sometimes it would leave and restore itself without me having to reset my PC then come back, I updated my GeForce Experience then it went away it returned after that for a bit then went away again, then it returned again and my GeForce Experience was out of date, but this time it didn't fix it, but then when I re updated it a second time it went away, I don't know what the problem is, I've done multiple scans and trouble shoots and everything seems to be fine, could this be a hardware issue or a virus? please let me know, thank you

:)

DAGRGAMER, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows desktop turns black - Similar Threads - desktop turns black

2. Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.: hello,I am a system administrator for the company i work for. My boss wanted me to add a specific wallpaper for all the computers in our domain. So I activated and changed all the wallpapers with GPO. At the start everything seems to work fine. After a day or two some users...
  3. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  4. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  5. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

6. desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop turns black: I have this problem lately where my desktop just turns black a while....I also when this happens unable to move my mouse cursor. But strange thing is the windows i have open just show....even when video playing in it, the video keeps playing, i cannot do anything though,...
  7. windows desktop background is turning black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows desktop background is turning black: recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows...
  8. Windows desktop is glitching out and turning black

Windows desktop is glitching out and turning black: I'm sure you've heard this before because to my knowledge it's pretty common, but the answers vary and I want to know what it is, when I hover over an I con is turns black but if I highlight the background it makes a black box behind but something new happened today and I...
  9. Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons: When I do a selection (click and drag) the space that I selected turns my desktop background black. When my cursor goes over an icon, a black square appears behind it. Also, when I drag an icon around on the desktop, all of the background turns black. All of this started...
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...