Windows 10: Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...

Discus and support Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello and good day.Summary: Windows 11 overwrote Linux installation on different SSD after connecting a USB flashdrive.Side note: Uploading screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aero Glade, May 12, 2023.

1. Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...

Hello and good day.Summary: Windows 11 overwrote Linux installation on different SSD after connecting a USB flashdrive.Side note: Uploading screenshots keeps failing due to an unknown reason.I'm here because I'm so lost with how something like this is even remotely possible on an operating system that +/- 70% of the world's computers have installed.I'll try keep this simple, - I have one primary SSD PCle slot 1 with Linux installed on it, and one secondary SSD PCle slot 2 with Windows 11, both hooked up internally in my laptop. I was doing my usual stuff and found an old USB drive, which I

:)

Aero Glade, May 12, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 12, 2023
  3. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 12, 2023
  4. Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...

Can NOT install Linux from Windows store!

I am currently using Windows 1803[17134.81] and I can NOT install Windows from Store! Whenever I run the powershell command to turn "Windows sub-system for Linux" on, the machine takes a reboot and then "Working on Updates We couldn't apply the updates"
    then another restart and then 'undoing changes' kinda thing. HOW TO ENABLE LINUX INSTALLATION FROM STORE?!

*Steps followed so far---

1. Re-installed Windows, 100% clean. Still nothing.
    2. Created another user account, no help.
    3. Deleted theme, reset Windows Store, and store cache too. NO HELP!

DeepanChatterjee, May 12, 2023
Thema:

Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...

1. Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting... - Similar Threads - destroying Linux installation

2. Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...: Hello and good day.Summary: Windows 11 overwrote Linux installation on different SSD after connecting a USB flashdrive.Side note: Uploading screenshots keeps failing due to an unknown reason.I'm here because I'm so lost with how something like this is even remotely possible...
  3. User Name changing without user input

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Name changing without user input: I have a notebook for an employee who's user name was "Kim." This morning her notebook now shows her user name as "Kim_KXVYL." No one intentionally changed her user name. How could such a change happen unintentionally? I don't know if it is related but this users desktop...
  4. User Name changing without user input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Name changing without user input: I have a notebook for an employee who's user name was "Kim." This morning her notebook now shows her user name as "Kim_KXVYL." No one intentionally changed her user name. How could such a change happen unintentionally? I don't know if it is related but this users desktop...
  5. User Name changing without user input

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD: I recently installed another storage device to my desktop m.2 SSD and have recently been receiving BSOD at random intervals. I can go hours without receiving one, but then it can happen as much as a couple times in an hour. This only started occurring after I installed my new...
  7. Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Started Getting BSOD After Installing Another SSD: I recently installed another storage device to my desktop m.2 SSD and have recently been receiving BSOD at random intervals. I can go hours without receiving one, but then it can happen as much as a couple times in an hour. This only started occurring after I installed my new...
  8. How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop: So, Im waiting for my laptop to arrive, it's got windows pre-installed on it and I'm not sure if you get a CD or a key or something with it.I plan to wipe it and install Linux on it, rather than doing it in virtual box because windows love eating up disk space that's not its...
  9. Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ritzcarltn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv19dj/destroyed_macos_linux_partition_by_windows/
  10. Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd.: Hello, Recently I installed kali kinux on an usb 3.0 portable ssd, it booted up perfectly through the boot menu, but after booting back into windows, the 3.0 ports stopped working and everytime I try to turn off my PC, it boots back up. I've tried several things, like...