Windows 10: Windows detected 3 game controller instead of 1

Discus and support Windows detected 3 game controller instead of 1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so idk why i have this problem, i wanted to play a game with a controller, i connected my bluetooth controller to my pc, andSteam app that detect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Farhan Abdillah, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Windows detected 3 game controller instead of 1

so idk why i have this problem, i wanted to play a game with a controller, i connected my bluetooth controller to my pc, andSteam app that detect my controller, instead of detecting 1 controller, it detected 3 controller, even im only playing with 1 controller, theres is also a program called x360ce, its a xbox 360 gamepad emulator, it detected that i have 3 controller too, pls help, sry bad english Windows detected 3 game controller instead of 1 174505a3-0846-48af-b287-8ea9471e23aa?upload=true.png

:)

Farhan Abdillah, Dec 31, 2019

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Siddhagod Win User
    Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Windows detected 3 game controller instead of 1

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows detected 3 game controller instead of 1

1. Windows detected 3 game controller instead of 1 - Similar Threads - detected game controller

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) when 1-3 hours into a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) when 1-3 hours into a game: Greetings, The pc of my cousin is experiencing ingame freezes and sometimes bluescreens, when playing games like 7 days to die, The Forest or the Hunter. It does not directly freeze but takes 1-3 hours to do so. The system itself is around one year old. What has been done:...
  5. Gaming Mouse detected as Mouse ,keyboard and controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaming Mouse detected as Mouse ,keyboard and controller: I got a new mouse for my pc. it's an ADXH 0519 RGB. it's nothing fancy or expensive but it is detected as a mouse, keyboard and controller in the control panel and it won't let me use my Xbox 360 wired controller on the pc anymore. when I go into devices and printers to try...
  6. Third Party PS2 controller detected by Windows but not working with games.

Third Party PS2 controller detected by Windows but not working with games.: Hello I bought a cheap third party ps2 usb controller to play games on win 10 pc. I plug it in windows detects it able to calibrate it but for some reason my games and apps will not respond to controller. If any ideal to what is going on it would help....
  7. Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller: Hey, I recently bought a surface laptop 3. I wasn't planning to play games on it but I found my old Xbox One controller and said why not. It's the first controller they released, so I have to connect it using a micro USB cable. I had a couple of cables that came with...
  8. Windows not detecting Xbox controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not detecting Xbox controller: It is found in device manager, tried restarting,not recognizing any button presses, still vibrates. Can someone help? Updating the firmware didn't help. submitted by /u/autisticduck69 [link] [comments]...
  9. Game Controller No Longer Detected

Game Controller No Longer Detected: Can someone please help, I've had a PS3 Controller for about 8 months now and it's been working great but suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere my PC doesn't detect the PS3 and not in the USB device not recognised kind of way but in the it doesn't even register a USB device...
  10. Increase/decrease volume controls by 1 instead of 2? (win 10)

Increase/decrease volume controls by 1 instead of 2? (win 10): Is there a way to stop windows 10 volume control settings via keyboard commands from increasing and decreasing by 2 numbers. Instead, by 1 ? 63713