Windows 10: Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices

Discus and support Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! So I am experiencing some very odd issues. I have an external mic that is ran into a pre-amp and then the pre-amp is connected to the pc. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EmperorNer0, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices

Hey! So I am experiencing some very odd issues. I have an external mic that is ran into a pre-amp and then the pre-amp is connected to the pc. I also have a USB headset (Logitech g35). So both of these devices were plug and play. I moved and hadn't hooked them up in a couple of months due to not needing to use them. Now I am wanting to play in a Roll20 Pathfinder campaign and need both of these items, but they're non-functional. I can see that in device manager that windows in picking up both of these items perfectly fine, I have disabled the 'Allow Windows to Power off these to save power' options for the USB buses. I have updated windows, Realtek audio, AMD chipset, and anything else that I could possibly imagine. All of these are still proving to be of no use. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers for the umpteenth time. I have tried as many things as I can possibly imagine. These worked fine on the same computer ~3 months ago.

https://prnt.sc/rtq8qp - System tray Volume Icon

https://prnt.sc/rtq8z6 - Device manager showing headset and connected pre-amp.

submitted by /u/EmperorNer0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EmperorNer0, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Zoladex Win User

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Anglachel Win User

Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices

Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

Hello!

Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game.
    Looking into my Steam settings, I found that all my input devices were actually my output devices, and all my output devices were actually input devices. I initially thought this was an issue with Steam, so I restarted Steam and my PC.
    However, when the problem did not resolve, I looked to my sound settings and found that even in there, my playback devices detected inputs as outputs and recording devices detected outputs as inputs.

How am I able to fix this problem?

Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices [​IMG]

Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices [​IMG]

The VoiceMeeter inputs and outputs are from a sound managing device called VoiceMeeter Banana that I installed to allow for the creation of virtual line ins.

Anglachel, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices

1. Windows Detecting Headset and Mic but not allowing them as Audio Input/Output devices - Similar Threads - Detecting Headset Mic

2. Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.: Hi so today i finally got my new pc but i ran into some issues in terms of input when i plug my current headset or any other one it won't detect it/ won't work my headsets are Rig 400 and Astro A10 if that matters and when i got to the audio device control panel it says...
  3. Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.: Hi so today i finally got my new pc but i ran into some issues in terms of input when i plug my current headset or any other one it won't detect it/ won't work my headsets are Rig 400 and Astro A10 if that matters and when i got to the audio device control panel it says...
  4. windows 11 does not detect input mic on headset put output works fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 does not detect input mic on headset put output works fine.: windows 11 does not detect input mic on headset put output works fine. there used to be a realtek option choice but it's gone. Basically I can hear people but they can't hear me. This happened after i reset my pc and windows 11 installed. I had 11 installed before resetting....
  5. windows 11 does not detect input mic on headset put output works fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 does not detect input mic on headset put output works fine.: windows 11 does not detect input mic on headset put output works fine. there used to be a realtek option choice but it's gone. Basically I can hear people but they can't hear me. This happened after i reset my pc and windows 11 installed. I had 11 installed before resetting....
  6. Windows not detecting mic input, can output audio just fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not detecting mic input, can output audio just fine: Hello. I've been having a big issue recently with windows audio input. I recently got a PC from my friend and everything is set up, but my mic cannot work no matter what I've tried. I'm using bose in ear earbuds wired and connecting them using a USB adapter turtle beach atlas...
  7. Not detecting mic/headset input, though audio output through headsetworks..?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not detecting mic/headset input, though audio output through headsetworks..?: I'm trying to talk with friends through Discord. I've tried 2 different 3.5mm headsets. Both immediately play audio from the computer, but the microphone is never detected. In Sound Settings the input device drop-down only shows the computer's own mic. I'm assuming I'm...
  8. Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input

Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input: I actually had this issue with my old headset and thought it was just the headset, but this one worked just fine, I was changing some sound settings to fix some audio lag I was getting, now this headset does the exact thing the old one did. I can't remember exactly what I...
  9. No audio output/input device detected

No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  10. Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices: Hello! Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game. Looking into my Steam settings, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio input not detected

2. windows not detecting wh1000x input

3. windows detects microphone in device manger but doesnt display as an input device

4. windows headphones no input,
  5. windows 10 not detecting audio input device,
  6. no input device found on headset on windows 10,
  7. computer is picking up my headphones to hear but not my microphone