Windows 10: [Windows Developer] Generate Package SID and Client Secret for OneSignal push notifications

Discus and support [Windows Developer] Generate Package SID and Client Secret for OneSignal push notifications in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the Live SDK Application https://apps.dev.microsoft.com . I have a UWP App correctly published in the Windows Store:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SviluppoMania, May 15, 2020.

1. [Windows Developer] Generate Package SID and Client Secret for OneSignal push notifications

Hi,

I have a problem with the Live SDK Application https://apps.dev.microsoft.com .

I have a UWP App correctly published in the Windows Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/sviluppomania/9p4dmw0sj0lm

I use OneSignal notifications, to obtain the Package SID and the Client Secret useful for configuring OneSignal, I go to my app's Developer dashboard, product management -> WNS -> Live Services , but I get an error: app does not exist or is not correctly associated. Kindly someone who knows about it can insert the live SDK application and associate it with my UWP App.

Attacheds screenshot

1 https://ibb.co/mz03g4G

The problem is not OneSignal, the problem lies in live services, my UWP app exists but the related app for the client secret and Sid package does not exist as per the attached photo ... You could solve it by adding it, thanks.

:)

SviluppoMania, May 15, 2020

2. Steps need to done to work wns push notification from front end(phone gap)

Hi all

I have developed a cross platform application in phonegap.

We need to implement ios,android and windows push notification in the application.

Frontend we are using phonegap+middleware c#(Pushsharp is used for notification).

IOS and android push notifications was implemented successfully.

For windows push notification.I have created a project and got Client secret,SID and package name.But how should i use these values in the front end to get the channel uri.

We are using windows 10 and visual studio 2015 to retrieve build.

Could anyone please help to sort out this?

Suja Balan, May 15, 2020
  3. Push notification not working with a VPN.

I am running a new VPN package called VPNCity. The engine for this is called SoftEther which is open sourced. I use the Universal MS Mail app as my mail client. The push notification feature which alerts me when I have new email works fine when NOT using the VPN. I get a popup message over the action center icon on the lower right of my taskbar notifying me of new mail. However, when I turn on the VPN I no longer get these mail notifications.

My question for those using a VPN do you find that push notifications aren't working? I like to find out if this behavior is common to all VPNs or is it specific to VPNCity/SoftEther. MS Mail is setup correctly so I don't need any steps how to turn notifications on.

So far nobody I've communicated with has had an answer to this question. Hopefully I will find an answer here.

streetwolf, May 15, 2020
  4. lumu_lumo Win User

[Windows Developer] Generate Package SID and Client Secret for OneSignal push notifications

push notification

Hi sarkariajatt1,

If I was not mistaken only Tango Video Calls among the VOIP apps have the push notification. It is up for the developers to have it included in the app as additional feature so better contact them.

If you have been following the leaks and the developer preview of WP8 VOIP clients will be integrated to the OS.

lumu_lumo, May 15, 2020
Thema:

[Windows Developer] Generate Package SID and Client Secret for OneSignal push notifications

1. [Windows Developer] Generate Package SID and Client Secret for OneSignal push notifications - Similar Threads - Developer Generate Package

2. How to get domain SID from client workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get domain SID from client workstation: I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have multiple computers joined different domains but same forest. How I can get domain information of workstation over the network?...
  3. How to get domain SID from client workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get domain SID from client workstation: I want to get SID of domain from client workstation though cmd, PowerShell by giving ip address of particular workstation. In my environment I have multiple computers joined different domains but same forest. How I can get domain information of workstation over the network?...
  4. Push Notifications for Employees?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Push Notifications for Employees?: Hey there, today I’m searching for an easy way to push notifications to our employees if there are networking issues or something like that. It could be either via the Windows 10 Notification Center or a popup message but it has to be simple. Maybe with the ability to add a...
  5. Developer package unable to install.

Developer package unable to install.: Developer package failed to install and all the option tools, but I have enough internet. What can I do?? My Version is 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/developer-package-unable-to-install/ef057892-c3ac-4d3e-abc7-f5d4f3a7fcf9
  6. Firefox push notifications and Windows Notifications Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox push notifications and Windows Notifications Center: Hi to everyone! Firefox push notifications does not appear in the Windows 10 Notification Center., but only my low right corner and I don't know why. All of it after I reset the browser. Is that normal? Thanks!...
  7. Windows 10 Notifications Centre issue (push notifications)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications Centre issue (push notifications): I am testing push notifications from different browsers and devices. I cannot find a solution to the problem when Chrome notifications are received in the Windows 10 Notifications Centre. When I send 3 notifications in a row, clicking only at the top one results in opening...
  8. Installing Developer mode Package stuck at Searching for Developer Mode package

Installing Developer mode Package stuck at Searching for Developer Mode package: I have windows 10 ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.145) on my Desktop PC. When I goto developers settings It seems like it is searching forever for the developer package [ATTACH] Plz help ***Original Title: Developer mode Package***...
  9. Developer mode Package

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Developer mode Package: I have windows 10 ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.145) on my Desktop PC. When I goto developers settings It seems like it is searching forever for the developer package [ATTACH] Plz help...
  10. Windows push notifications user service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows push notifications user service: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...